Diamond 9000 Hd Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

toyman

Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Hi. Please excuse this newbie ?. I have a 9000. When I go to scan a bird. The signal
is 80%+ but quality is 2%. This 9000 is not finding any channels. What am I doing
wrong? Thanks

With quality that low, it looks like you are not aimed at a satellite, or the transponder on the screen is not an active transponder. The Signal being high indicates you are getting feedback from the lnbf.
What are you aimed at? Maybe we can help.

The Diamond 9000 HD's default Quality is 2%, consider it Zero.
If you could list your equipment:
Dish
Motor
LNB
Switches

FYI: The Diamond 9000 HD does not have blind scan, you need to enter any Feed TP and Manual Scan.

The Diamond 9000 HD's default Quality is 2%, consider it Zero.
If you could list your equipment:
Dish
Motor
LNB
Switches

FYI: The Diamond 9000 HD does not have blind scan, you need to enter any Feed TP and Manual Scan.

Thanks. I have a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fortec Star 36" [/FONT]
LNB QPH 031
Powertech DG 280 B

No switch at this time.

Where does one enter Long and Lat? Do you mean when the install was done?
I thought that having a dish on a motor meant that I should be able to pick up many birds. According to the link I should be aiming at 97. W Galaxy 25

In my settings I do not have a LNB= Standard. It is set to universal. No setting for
LO 10750. Motor is set to USALS. 97. w is now called IA-5 and not Galaxy 25. Does that make any difference? This is a new set up. Thanks all.

Iceberg may be correct, manual shows Single vs. Standard.
LNB=Single
L.O.=10750
Motor=USALS
(using the remote, click "OK" on USALS and it should bring up the Motor Setup menu, this is where you enter your Long and Lat, remember to select "West" for Long. East is the default)
Galaxy 25 was called IA-5, the Sat List in the 9000 is very old, you can rename if necessary.
Once you have that done, go back to the Motor Install Link(above post) enter your location and select your Motor Type from the Sat list. This will Calc. the setting for your dish to your True South. You first set everting to your True South Sat(Sat that is at same / close to your Long)
List your Long and Lat

The LNB that I bought from Sadoun has the ability to have 2 receivers attached to it. It will also pick up 2 types of signals. Does this make any difference to my settings?

When I called Sadoun yesterday they gave me the model #. That model # does not match my LNB. I will call again and talk to Steve. I will post the correct model #.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)