Did a hard reboot about a month and a half ago, and since then guide photos and cast, crew info gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I called DirecTV technical support about it today, and the guy said to fix that was to "repeat satellite setup". I did that, and he said it takes about 24 hours for the guide photos and cast and crew info to return. Will that work? Or do I have to do something else? I am "moved" and don't want the inconvenience of temporarily "moving" back, so I don't want a tech out. And I have the settings and recordings in my Genie the way I like them, so I don't want a different receiver if that's your answer. Do I have to put up with it if I have to keep the same receiver, or can it be fixed?

Last edited:
I called DirecTV technical support about it today, and the guy said to fix that was to "repeat satellite setup". I did that, and he said it takes about 24 hours for the guide photos and cast and crew info to return. Will that work? Or do I have to do something else? I am "moved" and don't want the inconvenience of temporarily "moving" back, so I don't want a tech out. And I have the settings and recordings in my Genie the way I like them, so I don't want a different receiver if that's your answer. Do I have to put up with it if I have to keep the same receiver, or can it be fixed?
Give it time .... 48 hrs maybe, maybe sooner.
They have the same issue with the Pandora/ You Tube stuff ...
This is the first I heard of the Cast and Crew not being there though.

Some say that if you do a reset back to back will also do it.

Give it time .... 48 hrs maybe, maybe sooner.
They have the same issue with the Pandora/ You Tube stuff ...
This is the first I heard of the Cast and Crew not being there though.

Some say that if you do a reset back to back will also do it.
Well, the cast and crew names are listed there, but the people's photos are not there and the parts they play are not listed. But anyways, thanks for the input!

Which ones are you looking at, I'm just putzing, I can check mine too.
Well, pretty much any role labels the person as "actor" and not the role they played. A few shows like Fox News' "The Kelly File" has a photo, which took forever to show up. And all the cast just lists "actor", but I haven't checked everything yet, so maybe some actors' roles have shown up that I don't know about.

Well, pretty much any role labels the person as "actor" and not the role they played. A few shows like Fox News' "The Kelly File" has a photo, which took forever to show up. And all the cast just lists "actor", but I haven't checked everything yet, so maybe some actors' roles have shown up that I don't know about.
I was just watching MythBusters ... The Cast and Crew shows Only Jamie and Adam, has pictures Says Host and has Date and Birth place also.

If you have an AM21 and force a lot of secondary zips to attain channels, losing that info can happen. I have an HR24 that does the same thing. When I got my HR44, it acted the same way. If you start forcing secondary zips before the guide info, Pandora, and you tube are rebuilt after a reboot, they never come back. I found, by accident, if you use "CLEARMYBOX" and let the DVR fully rebuild everything (which takes about 48-72 hours) before running any secondary zips on an AM21, you can get everything back. It seems once you run a secondary zip on an AM21 it stops the DVR from rebuilding the guide, Pandora, and you tube, if you don't have them after a reboot. I don't know why, but both my HR24 and HR44 act that way if connected to an AM21.

Reactions: ejb1980
If you have an AM21 and force a lot of secondary zips to attain channels, losing that info can happen. I have an HR24 that does the same thing. When I got my HR44, it acted the same way. If you start forcing secondary zips before the guide info, Pandora, and you tube are rebuilt after a reboot, they never come back. I found, by accident, if you use "CLEARMYBOX" and let the DVR fully rebuild everything (which takes about 48-72 hours) before running any secondary zips on an AM21, you can get everything back. It seems once you run a secondary zip on an AM21 it stops the DVR from rebuilding the guide, Pandora, and you tube, if you don't have them after a reboot. I don't know why, but both my HR24 and HR44 act that way if connected to an AM21.
I looked for "CLEARMYBOX" and I can't find it. How do I get there? Is that the same thing as some kind of reset? I don't want to do the kind of reset that gets rid of my recordings unless I absolutely have to.

Put clearmybox into the keyword search. It doesn't erase your recordings.

I did that, and it seems to be working!! Question, I tried "Genie Recommends" a few months ago, waited several weeks, and NOTHING showed up. Would this "CLEARMYBOX" refresh that?

Theoretically, it would allow Genie recommends... but I doubt many people use that. It's been mentioned by many here that they don't use it. Mine's been off since the first week I had a Genie. It recorded so much on its own, none of which I wanted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)