Did anyone else lose FS1 this afternoon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
It seems something happened and i lost FS1 a moment ago and it has not come back, i noticed the channel has the "you are not authorized to view this channel" slate, and I'm on a package that has this channel. Something clearly happen at their uplink center where they might have accidentally turn the channel off for everybody instead of shutting it off for those in Los Angeles or Chicago for the MLB game between the Cubs and the Dodgers.

Anyone else lost FS1 too.

No, I have had no trouble with the game. And I think any of the Fox/FS1 Saturday coverage is exclusive, so there wouldn't be black outs. Whenever they have the Red Sox game, there is no coverage on NESN. The Cubs and Dodgers are not the best to compare, but the next game has no coverage on either the Angels or Tigers RSNs.

Yeah, I don't think they are exclusive - here in Chicago, I get the Cubs game on WGN (through my OTA antenna!) right now and can also watch the game on FS1.

Yeah, I don't think they are exclusive - here in Chicago, I get the Cubs game on WGN (through my OTA antenna!) right now and can also watch the game on FS1.

Perhaps the non-Fox entities still do their own productions. It wouldn't make sense for Fox to have the same game on FS1, FS West, and FS Detroit when they can get a bigger audience with just FS1 and not cannablize their own ratings. NESN is loosely related to the FS-RSNs, as is Yes and MSG. There is no true Fox RSN in the northeast (or Chicago, for that matter). I heard them mention that one of their usual broadcast partners was doing studio work for the Dodgers broadcast. I assume you also get the game on the Directv channel 9, too.

Is anyone seeing the Directv-inserted commercials are all being cut off? You can tell when the ticker goes away. It's quite annoying.

The Tigers are on FS Detroit tonight, with the FOXSports Announcers.
I can watch both channels FS! and FSD and get the same game and announcers.
Normally the Tigers feed would have the Tigers announcers.
I did hear them talking last night about not working today though.

So the guide data is wrong for FS Detroit?

Update: I have the Sports Pack and can watch the Tigers on FS Detroit as well as FS1 with virtually the same game coverage. Same accouncers, basically the same graphics. The only difference is no ticker on 663, but there is the Fox Detriot logo in the upper right. Less distracting, I'll flip to this game on FS Detoit! The guide data shows some race. There are local to Detroit commercials, too.

Update #2: The same race is shown in the guide on FS West, but it's really airing the game. Same deal, basically same coverage.

So the guide data is wrong for FS Detroit?

Yes - I have multisport pack and on FS Detroit, it says NHRA Drag Racing but Det/Angels game is on. And no blacked out on FS Detroit here in Chicago because the guide data is wrong :)

Reactions: ejb1980
Update #3: The ticker just appeared on FS Detroit and it started with "You are watching a special presentation of FS1 on Fox Sports Detroit."

I had the "you are not authorized" menu for a short time about an hour ago. It's working fine now.

I think the FS1 "blackout" was just an error. Some reports said the HD channel was blacked out but the SD channel was fine.

I had the "you are not authorized" menu for a short time about an hour ago. It's working fine now.

Same here had the "721" you are not subscribed message even though I have it in my channel package. Was going to refresh my receivers on-line but it came back before I did it. Occasionally channels in the guide turn grey like you don't subscribe to but when selecting that channel it works and the channel in the guide turns back to white as subscribed. I am glad it was not a account issue with my sub as other people had the same problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts