Did D* Change there service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I leave my bedroom DVR 24-500 box on my local news at night so when I get up in the morning I can back the news up and watch what I missed while sleeping. Now none of my boxes Buffer while being turned off. I know the Genie doesn't buffer so I leave it on all the time. Now I have to leave the other boxes on?

the buffer seems to be hit and miss honestly. I know when I had my HR34 sometimes it would buffer while in standby but most of the time it didnt

I leave my bedroom DVR 24-500 box on my local news at night so when I get up in the morning I can back the news up and watch what I missed while sleeping. Now none of my boxes Buffer while being turned off. I know the Genie doesn't buffer so I leave it on all the time. Now I have to leave the other boxes on?
Your Genie as well as your HR24 SHOULD be buffering ALL the time, regardless of it being ON or not.

I mean no offense here, but just curious, why not just set a series recording for your local news? I record the morning broadcast and it is smart enough to only record the morning one that I setup. Most stations call their news broadcasts with a time or "morning/evening" type in the title which prevents repeated recordings.

The HR24 receiver should be buffered even on standby, It's the HR34/44 that don't buffer when turned off, although it's a hit or miss on certain channels mostly miss.

I'm sure they have. That doesn't mean they are actually off. The Genies have had issues with retaining their buffers for a while. The other dvrs don't generally have that problem, although some do. An H25 isn't a dvr so it doesn't have a buffer.

full buffers are only for 90 minutes for live TV, unless the Double Play dual buffers are enabled. Probably it applies to DP also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

How can a receiver buffer when it's off?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
When you turn them OFF all your doing is turning the front panel and the video output off .... the unit still has to be on incase you get up and want to back up a show that is on the station your on.

I'm sure they have. That doesn't mean they are actually off. The Genies have had issues with retaining their buffers for a while. The other dvrs don't generally have that problem, although some do. An H25 isn't a dvr so it doesn't have a buffer.

Like I said, I have never seen a buffer stay after being powered off. Ever. With any receiver on any provider. There have been plenty of times I wish it had, like when the dog steps on the remote and turns it off.

My HR24 was buffered when I turned it on this morning.

You mean you can turn on your receiver after its been off all night... And rewind something that you haven't watched and you're not recording? I am not taking about the new arrow "start over" thing.

Yes, that's what I mean, but only the channel it was on overnight. It only works with a dvr, not a receiver.

How have I never heard of this until this thread? I would love that to work. A lot of posts I have seen throughout the years of missing buffers make more sense now. I would love this.

Like I said, I have never seen a buffer stay after being powered off. Ever. With any receiver on any provider. There have been plenty of times I wish it had, like when the dog steps on the remote and turns it off.

My recvrs have always had the buffer when needed ... on or off ...

Right now my HR24 in the bedroom is turned off .... I haven't used it since last night.

If I go in there and turn it on, I will be able to back up whatever channel I am currently on for 90 minutes worth.

edit:
Just went in to check the HR24 and Yes, I was able to go back 90 minutes .... buffered just like it's suppose to ... thats said, I haven't checked the 44, but I've had it on since about 6:30 , however I have changed channels so the buffer stops at that point ...
I should be able to go back to the beginning of the current show.

Ok, I just checked the 44 and it too is buffering just like it should.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)