Did D* Change there service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
you can say it all you want the HR34 does NOT buffer unless its maybe an hour later between powering it off (standby) and on (and thats a crap shoot too)
So they have a problem with the 34 then.
Something they need to address.
When did this start ?
If this had been happening since the beginning, wouldn't we have been pointing this out for several years now, by now ?

Some people are saying that all the DVRs fail to buffer when powered off, thats simply not true.

So they have a problem with the 34 then.
Something they need to address.
When did this start ?
If this had been happening since the beginning, wouldn't we have been pointing this out for several years now, by now ?

Some people are saying that all the DVRs fail to buffer when powered off, thats simply not true.

I would never expect a receiver to hold a buffer after being powered off so it's not something that I would think to question. Like I said, my HR34 doesn't and the now 3 people who I have asked don't do it either, 2 HR24 and 1 HR23.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would never expect a receiver to hold a buffer after being powered off so it's not something that I would think to question. Like I said, my HR34 doesn't and the now 3 people who I have asked don't do it either, 2 HR24 and 1 HR23.

As I mentioned earlier, dvrs don't actually power off when you turn them off.

I do, but it's important to use the correct terminology to prevent confusion with other posters who may not be familiar.

What is the proper way to refer to pressing the "power/off" buttons?

You are turning it off, but not powering it off. That insinuates that there is no power going to it, but there is. Dvrs never really turn off.

As I mentioned earlier, dvrs don't actually power off when you turn them off.

DVR's never turn off, this allows them to Buffer continuously, so you can use it ... what good is a buffer if you have to tell it when you want to use it.
A buffer would be useless if it didn't work when off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)