Did Dish trash another one of my EHDs?

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
Echostar BUD, then with Dish since their first year. This has to be the 8th or 9th EHD of mine over the years that needed to be reformatted. I have a Wally for my RV (with the subject EHD which was working perfectly) which I deactivated in May. The EHD has been velcroed onto it for years. It was connected to a ViP211z which the Wally replaced (same/my account) and needed to be reformatted to work with the Wally. I purchased the Wally new so it should never have been on any account but mine. This morning during pre-departure check with my Playmaker I was getting the 103 channel and all my recordings were visible on the EHD. This evening I activated the Wally, resulting in the attached message. I was told by a very helpful and patient CSR NOT to reformat -
20210921_191155.jpg
her two supervisors were referring this to "engineering". So for now I can watch live Dish TV, but not record or play back my recordings. Let's hope my campsite will have LOS to 110/119/129. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Hi bookworm - a re-authorization hit was the first thing the CSR did. No joy. What I can't figure out is why the system thinks EHD was used on another account as it's been "velcroed" to the Wally before, during, and after the deactivation.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I appreciate the comments, but it seems to me a "hit" is not the solution. The receiver reactivated immediately from a hit initiated when I activated Wally under Dish's "My Equipment". It then seemed to think the EHD belonged to another account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts