Did I brick my receiver?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Edision OS MIO 4K is stuck on the Edision screen. Trying to push the OK key during boot to side-load a fresh ViX image from USB but it isn't working. HELP!

Push the MENU button fast multiple times while booting. That brings up the boot menu. Then choose a good image in another slot. Unplug any usb drives while trying this for now.

Pretty scary when this happens, I found out the hard way last year.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Push the MENU button fast multiple times while booting. That brings up the boot menu. Then choose a good image in another slot. Unplug any usb drives while trying this for now.

Pretty scary when this happens, I found out the hard way last year.

Thanks, my friend. Got to an old version of ViX in slot 4. Slot 1 has a corrupted version of OpenpLi. How do I load an updated version of an image in another slot from ViX?

Reactions: Titanium
Same as always, plug a usb drive in with a multiboot image, and select it through the menu in your working version in slot 4 that you are booted in. OR, if you have a full backup of the corrupted slot, restore it.

Or since it's Slot 1 that's corrupted, you can do the usb drive boot after changing the blank text file to the name force

Anybody else reading this, take note: ALWAYS have a good working image, even if not entirely setup, in one or more other slots. If you ever accidentally nuke your image, you can get into that working slot, and fix things easily. Also, ALWAYS have a good full backup on a spare drive, even if it's a little old.

Thanks, my friend. Got to an old version of ViX in slot 4. Slot 1 has a corrupted version of OpenpLi. How do I load an updated version of an image in another slot from ViX?
To flash from vix download a multiboot image and leave it zipped and with filezilla send file to your hdd at media/hdd/imagebackups then with remote control menu/setup/vix/image manager.

It appears the current version of OpenPLi STILL does not support the Hauppauge 950q. I'm having to use a ViX image from August. Very frustrating. Does anyone have an old version of PLi that supports the 950q? I don't recall which version I was running before it went corrupted.

Edit- I think I was running OpenPLi 7.1 from May or June of 2019- doesn't seem to be available to download anymore :(

Not sure if this will work, but Openpli 7.0 is the only one I ever installed. Trying to attach a copy...

Nope, it zaps it after uploading, even if I rename it. Sorry.

Check your messages, I uploaded one to Google Drive

Same as always, plug a usb drive in with a multiboot image, and select it through the menu in your working version in slot 4 that you are booted in. OR, if you have a full backup of the corrupted slot, restore it.

Or since it's Slot 1 that's corrupted, you can do the usb drive boot after changing the blank text file to the name force

Anybody else reading this, take note: ALWAYS have a good working image, even if not entirely setup, in one or more other slots. If you ever accidentally nuke your image, you can get into that working slot, and fix things easily. Also, ALWAYS have a good full backup on a spare drive, even if it's a little old.

I was just wondering earlier as to why would they have more than 1 image slot for this box. Your reply shows a good reason for having more than 1 image. But what would one do if you didn't have more than 1 image installed?

I was just wondering earlier as to why would they have more than 1 image slot for this box. Your reply shows a good reason for having more than 1 image. But what would one do if you didn't have more than 1 image installed?

You'd bring up the menu as stated, and load a new one from a usb pendrive, or like that.

It appears the current version of OpenPLi STILL does not support the Hauppauge 950q. I'm having to use a ViX image from August. Very frustrating. Does anyone have an old version of PLi that supports the 950q? I don't recall which version I was running before it went corrupted.

Edit- I think I was running OpenPLi 7.1 from May or June of 2019- doesn't seem to be available to download anymore :(
I believe even if you go back and flash an old version of Openpli the drivers in the feeds are for kernel version 5.3.0 and the 950Q will still not work. I recommend instead of Openpli use Tnap3 because it has kernel 5.5.0 and supports the 950Q and the drivers are preinstalled.Also the blindscan in Tnap3 is custom and remembers your scan settings similar to open vix and openatv.

Thanks, Mike. Just replied.

Does anyone have a list of currently supported ATSC dongles? Seems like support for the 950q has gone by the wayside as these newer images have come out. I'm willing to purchase a new one but want to make sure it's compatible with Pli 7.2 and the new ViX images before I plunk down the money.

I believe even if you go back and flash an old version of Openpli the drivers in the feeds are for kernel version 5.3.0 and the 950Q will still not work. I recommend instead of Openpli use Tnap3 because it has kernel 5.5.0 and supports the 950Q and the drivers are preinstalled.Also the blindscan in Tnap3 is custom and remembers your scan settings similar to open vix and openatv.

Thanks, where can I find Tnap 3?

And you're right- tried to restore using Mike's Pli 7.0 and I just get the frozen Edision screen.

• Sad
Reactions: primestar31
Thanks, where can I find Tnap 3?

And you're right- tried to restore using Mike's Pli 7.0 and I just get the frozen Edision screen.

Does anyone know how to make timeshift work in TNAP 3.0? My EHD is configured and I can initiate recordings, but when I'm watching live video and tap Pause or Rewind, nothing happens.