Did I just hit the jackpot? Or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thauge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Indianola, IA
So, while trolling through the "free" category on Craigslist for my area, I ran across these items free for the taking. Any idea what they would be worth?

Attachments

• 00D0D_lKD2vJFTF4D_600x450.jpg
    00D0D_lKD2vJFTF4D_600x450.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 00e0e_4VoLdsfxaR0_600x450.jpg
    00e0e_4VoLdsfxaR0_600x450.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 00P0P_dAYij298eJA_600x450.jpg
    00P0P_dAYij298eJA_600x450.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 348
The tower is a little weathered, but seems solid. The dish is 1 piece steel, weathered but good shape structurally speaking. The LNB was removed, the mount is rusted but solid, and there is a actuator arm about 3 feet long attached (unknown if functional).

Go get the tower. Can't go wrong there. Is that one 10' section and an 8' top section?

Free! I'd be there in a heartbeat for the tower. Would have to take a closer look at the dish.

I'd hire a crane to pluck that tower. One cllimb to secure the harness. Otherwise, many, many hours of dis-assembly in the air with several guys roping stuff down. A crane op could pluck it in 15-20 minutes and gently lay on the ground for a quick break-down.

The photo's are a little misleading. Tower is only about 30 feet tall. The way it sits, I can disassemble it from the top down and get it off the roof in sections.

My wife would scream if I brought all that home with me. A nice useful find however! I kind of wish at times I had a tower like this to properly mount all the satellite dishes I have. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The dish looks sweet! What is it? an 8 footer? I would take it. The tower is nice, but I think My neighborhood wouldn't allow it, I have the big dish hidden in the backyard. Dadgum HOA!! lol

Get the tower!!! That looks to be Rohn 25G tower. Rohn 25G has 8 horizontal steps per section. It also looks to have the Rohn roof top base mount. The top section is 9 feet and they make several different versions of top section. Rohn 25G is very good tower, and you can free stand 40 feet without guy wires in enough concrete per Rohn factory specs. The antenna wind load, or number of antennas will determine if you need to guy it or not. Get everything for free you can! Yes I think you found the honey pot! :cool:

Put it this way, I paid $450 for my 25G tower. I bought 5 full sections and a top section (59 feet) with a Yeasu rotor, rotor plate, hinge base plate. and a PDL-2 quad. GET IT NOW!!! LOL;)

Attachments

• 1294692458_G_Series_SS_web.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
Oh, I'm snagging it hopefully this weekend. Talked to the homeowner, and he's holding it for me due to rain this past weekend. I'm still trying to arrange transport for the dish. I'm kinda a newbie to the whole radio/sat area, but having worked EMS/Fire for a decade and now work IT, when I saw this ad, my jaw about dropped. I called the guy 3 or 4 days after he posted it, just out of morbid curiosity figuring someone would have already snagged it all up. The timing couldn't be better since I'm working on moving out to my buddies place in the country so I can pay off some bills and help him and his wife with the property upkeep. I almost have him convinced to let me build a nice little cabin at the top of the hill for me to stay in and mount the gear to. They have sat internet and the connection sucks and is expensive. Apparently rural residential fiber stops about 1/4 of a mile up the road at his neighbors place. He about crapped when I told him we could have another connection run to their neighbors or share theirs and then to a point-to-point wireless bridge. He asked me if you could do it that far and I replied with that I have a $350 WiFi bridge set that goes from the top of my work to across the parking lot and they had a range of 2+ miles.

Reactions: beavs2112
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)