Did I screw up a timer by...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

heatho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
I had a timer setup on my new 510 (I've had it for less than a week) to record a show last night. I was watching a previously recorded program when the little clock in bottom left corner started flashing. I hit the "stop" button to stop the program I was watching and turned the receiver off. It then didn't turn back on to record the program that I had a timer for. What should I have done? Does watching a recorded show while a timer is set to start mess something up?

I have a 508 and if I'm watching a program when the little clock pops up, I hit "select" and then "OK". It just lets me know its going to record. You can still watch the prerecorded program, the DVR will start recording the correct info. :)

Iceburg is right.

Hit select if you want to see what the timer is.

Or hit cancel and Mr. Blinky goes away without cancelling the timer.

Watching a recorded program will not stop or mess up a timer.

Really?? Wow, I've got more manual reading to do... I didn't realize that I could watch a previously recorded program and record a show at the same time. I supose I shouldn't have hit stop and then turn off the receiver.

whoops

sounds like you stopped the recording :)

The "blinky" clock is the only thing that bugs me when I'm copying something from the HD to the VCR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)