Possible L188 download for 921 today.

BCH

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Atlanta GA
Was just talking to tech support regarding some issues with my 921. He advised me that L188 was scheduled to download today. He did not have a list of items fixed with this release.

SatinKzo said:
Mine is downloading right now, taking forever, anyone have any info yet?
Ok, I checked Menu 6-7, mine was at 26 of 30. I decided to hit the done button so I could get out of the screen. The next thing was that the download was interrupted. I just turned off the 921 and at 4:07PM PSDT, it began to download again. I'm not touching anything! I'll wait until it is completely done. Now this version is supposed to have fixes for the OTA!

My 921 got L188 yesterday evening (i guess). I can now tune in the UHF HD OTA channels using my amplified UHF Loop. I moved just when L187 came down and wasn't able to tune in any OTA at the new house. Thing seem better now, not sure if L188 helped or not. I still have no PVR functions on 3 of the 5 main OTA channels.

SatinKzo said:
my caller id is now not working.

I read some where, that the s/w download shuts off the caller ID. I just went into the Menu and sure enough it was shut off. Turned it back on and it now works fine.
:)

Cons:
  • My only OTA HD signal level went from 78 to 60 - No change to my 50 foot tower.
  • Bad Pixellation/Artifacts becasue of lower signal
  • Sluggish Guide - Sometimes stops responding
  • When tuning to CBS-HD (Not OTA) screen blanks for up to 10 seconds before picture displays.
  • Still won't record KY3 - NBC-HD Springfield Mo. OTA.

Pros:
  • None that I can note. (yet)

Charles Lapple said:
I read some where, that the s/w download shuts off the caller ID. I just went into the Menu and sure enough it was shut off. Turned it back on and it now works fine.
:)

I checked that and it was enabled. I pulled the plug and plugged it back in, everything works now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)