Did mavtv replace sundance channel?

just noticed that I am now getting MAVTV. did it replace sundance. I have at250 & hd for life but not the extra hd package
MAV TV is in the BB@Home package for quite some time now. Didn't replace anything, it's just in freeview right now. I really doubt Sundance will be replaced.

dan188 said:
Its also in another pack that includeds sportsman and others i belive

Yes, the $3 a la carte pack called Outdoor Sports. Sportsman Channel (395, available in HD), MAV TV (361, available in HD), WFN (394), and Outdoor Channel (396) are included in the pack. All four channel (along with The Cooking Channel [113]) are in free preview today until Tuesday, June 19. (Tennis Channel [400, available in HD) will also be in free preview on Friday, May 25 to Sunday, June 10 along with G4 [191, available in HD] being in free preview Thursday, May 31 to Tuesday, June 26.)

MAV TV and WFN are also in Blockbuster @ Home ($10/month).

Sportsman Channel and Outdoor Channel are also available in America's Top 250 ($69.99/month).

Last edited:
Of course, all were in the AEP. So we just lost another channel with some good but not HD stuff.
-Ken

While it may sound wrong and even confusing, channels in Blockbuster @ Home are not included in AEP (America's "Everything" Pak--America's Top 250 and Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, and Starz) unless they are available in another package such as Starz Cinema (which is also included in Starz meaning it is included in AEP), Encore Suspense (which is also in America's Top 250), Hallmark Movie Channel (which is also in America's Top 250), and MoviePlex (which is also in America's Top 250).

It was posted on here that Palladia is included again in America's Top 120 (while I cannot find anything on the site about this). If you get the TEST channel on 5710, you may see Velocity (but without guide data).

What was also interesting is that when Sundance Channel went from Showtime Networks to Rainbow Networks (now AMC Networks). Someone with AEP would have Sundance Channel (at the time when it was still carried by Dish) when in Showtime. Then, when Sundance Channel (at the time when it was still carried by Dish) was no longer part of the Showtime package, it was part of the Blockbuster @ Home package which is $10 more a month and not part of AEP.

yeah mx023 mavtv is in free preview and will be in case the following networks are dropped are AMC, IFC & WETV and i don't know but there will be an uplink today i think but i will check when i get home this afternoon.