Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I just called to downgrade from Premier to Choice Xtra. While on the phone, he asked if I wanted to save money by getting rid of my distants and adding my recently added locals. I said no I wanted to keep the distants and not add locals. When I was checking my box after the call, I found that he changed me to Xtra with locals instead of no locals.
As of this posting I still have the distants as well as the locals. I checked recent activity and it didn't show a credit for removal of distants. What are the chances my distants will be gone when they send me a bill on the 19th? I am a grandfathered distant customer.:confused:

When DirecTV added my locals, I called to have them added. But, they screwed it up by keeping my package as Choice Xtra w/o locals instead of with locals. They added a $6 entry for the locals. I emailed to get it fixed as the total price would be $3 too high. It was fixed and my DNS were unaffected.

How long have you had DNS?

When DirecTV added my locals, I called to have them added. But, they screwed it up by keeping my package as Choice Xtra w/o locals instead of with locals. They added a $6 entry for the locals. I emailed to get it fixed as the total price would be $3 too high. It was fixed and my DNS were unaffected.

How long have you had DNS?
I have had them since D* added the Primetime 24 ones back in 199?. D* only recognizes me as a customer since 2004, since I was forced to get service through a local coop who later sold out to the evil Pegasus.

If locals are available then you have no right to the distant ones. The CSR isnt screwing anything up if your distants are cut off as they should be.

If locals are available then you have no right to the distant ones. The CSR isnt screwing anything up if your distants are cut off as they should be.
You do if your grandfathered before the last law took effect.

Again the csr did not screw up... if you have grandfather dns the nit does not matter that you have locals. But we cant move you back to choice extra with out locals it not an option once locals are in your area you are bound to never change packages if you want to say with out locals. I sure i could go back in and resntate the old package if it been less then 30 days but from th sound of it its not so just enjoy if your really grandfathered you have nothing to worry about .

Thanks for the info stonecold. I'm not upset that I'm also getting locals. Looks like I should be able to keep distants until they decide to change the law again based on what I have read here and other places.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)