Did u hear on news about merger

Should be fiber..part of an advanced VoIP network that bypasses the older POTS network..network will use one fiber to carry voice, data and video. .each service at a different frequency
The future of the "last mile" might be wireless but the bulk of the traffic will travel via some form of cable, whether fiber or copper. This is due to physics and the ultimate limitations of having to share wireless bandwidth with various applications. The whole starlink and LEO satellite solutions always seem to run into sever limitations on the uplink side, I don't think that I will be backing up my system to the cloud through a home satellite link anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

This 75 year old heart may not make it through but.... :)

SevenofNine.jpg

I kinda have mixed feelings about such a merger. One one hand, it might save the satellite TV industry as well as merge all of both companies lineups and technologies; but on the other hand, it leads that much closer to a monopoly, which would leave the company's only competitor being Orby (which is a NON-PLAYER in the market at that).

I kinda have mixed feelings about such a merger. One one hand, it might save the satellite TV industry as well as merge all of both companies lineups and technologies; but on the other hand, it leads that much closer to a monopoly, which would leave the company's only competitor being Orby (which is a NON-PLAYER in the market at that).

I view it more like the Sirius and XM merger. It certainly saved the satellite radio industry!

Reactions: CyberSpock
I view it more like the Sirius and XM merger. It certainly saved the satellite radio industry!
Until Howard Stern leaves, then let's see how long they have. I didn't subscribe on our newer cars because I have a wealth of internet alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Until Howard Stern leaves, then let's see how long they have. I didn't subscribe on our newer cars because I have a wealth of internet alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I used to bluetooth my phone to the car and tune SXM through the app, but you can't change channels while driving, so I got their $50 for 6 months deal that gives you car audio + streaming. Best of both worlds.

My Dad just discovered SXM in his first new car in 20 years. Given how spotty radio reception is where they live, is has really been worth it for him. Several of his friends have now signed up due to his singing the praises. I am sure that nearly 80-year-old men is probably not the target demographic they are going for, but I guess you have to go with what works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)