Did we lose things on Galaxy 16, 99C West?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phottoman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I will not panic, I will not panic, I will not .... aw hell, did we lose another bunch of channels?

I was about to watch something on a network on Galaxy 16, 99C West, but although everything else seems to be there, no networks.

Did we lose more watchable channels?

Photto

Photto,

I just finished up watching a hockey game and Mama now has control of the remote or I would check for you right now. I will say that the G16 Nets have been known to change PIDS on a whim, but a quick re scan usaully takes care of that. She will go back to OTA at 8pm, 6 your time, so if you haven't had any responses by then, I will check.

Phottoman,

Are you picking up a signal on that transponder?

I see a signal there with the BLSA but I can not lock it on my 1.2 meter dish (I was able to before)

I normally read abot 68 or higher, now like 8 to 10 and wont lock at all. I thought my dish may have moved, but I am still seeing everything else, even though I'm not interested. Just got a new DVD from Netflix, so tonight is OK, just upset that I did something wrong.

Photto

Earlier I noticed the usual networks were kinda weak. Usually around 43-50% here...they were in the 35-40% range. Hopefully weather related. I just tried them and they were there. Seems like I had to bump the dish to the west a little more than usual. The signal was in the low 50's though. So they're still there...Blind

I will not panic, I will not panic, I will not .... aw hell, did we lose another bunch of channels?

I was about to watch something on a network on Galaxy 16, 99C West, but although everything else seems to be there, no networks.

Did we lose more watchable channels?

Photto

I'm also in northern AZ, Prescott to be precise, and I lost the networks on Thursday evening. At first I thought that it was the snow accumulation on my 10 foot mesh BUD that was weighing it down, and I'd have to go out there and tighten some bolts to adjust it, but I can get the religious channels in ok on that bird, albeit a lower quality than normal.

It had me thinking at first that the metal mesh was the problem. It's close to 20 years old and it's been bent a little out of shape from snow and hail storms over the years. But then tonight, I got a 10% quality on the networks, and a few minutes ago 15% and some clicking indicating the signal was trying to lock in.

Are lnb's sensitive to humidity and cold? Or maybe it may have gotten wet and some ice has gotten in there (even though I have a plastic cone on top of it)? I don't know, but I'll check tomorrow when it warms up.

LNB's seem to work better in the cold. Now your cold and my cold are different as I am in Minnesota. My C-Band LNB worked great a couple weeks ago when we had -24 for a couple mornings :)

LNB's seem to work better in the cold. Now your cold and my cold are different as I am in Minnesota. My C-Band LNB worked great a couple weeks ago when we had -24 for a couple mornings :)

I should have remembered about the cold and less thermal noise for the teeny power sat signals . . .

I'm just trying to figure out what else it could be. I just hope it makes a full recovery in the future on its own . . .

I need your luck.
I had been trying to find the nets with blind scan ... always worked before, but not last night.

So I scanned manually, brought it in very quickly, however, that having been said, now it's lower again, so I guess some major re-aligning is called for here.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Photto

[and Warner, you DO need some luck up there don't you. I saw that the roads were all closed around you day before yesterday. I'm just West of you in Golden Valley (a little North of I40), and we were nearly flooded out, the mud is terrible, and even Historic Route 66 (West of Kingman) was closed. I work in Oatman, makes a really hard drive.]

I had been trying to find the nets with blind scan ... always worked before, but not last night.

So I scanned manually, brought it in very quickly, however, that having been said, now it's lower again, so I guess some major re-aligning is called for here.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Photto

[and Warner, you DO need some luck up there don't you. I saw that the roads were all closed around you day before yesterday. I'm just West of you in Golden Valley (a little North of I40), and we were nearly flooded out, the mud is terrible, and even Historic Route 66 (West of Kingman) was closed. I work in Oatman, makes a really hard drive.]

I'll try messing with it today and see what I can do, but right now I can only get 10% quality. Maybe deleting all those transponders and channels and adding it again will work, or pushing the dents out of my mesh with my fingers in several places might help out and boost the quality just enough to make it visible again.

As for the weather, Prescott wasn't hit that hard roadwise. My backyard has a ton of mud in it (under the snow that I walked through), but most of the roads in town are passable. There was a sinkhole that opened up downtown around the courthouse at an intersection, but it wasn't that major though. I just hope everything gets back to normal by tomorrow for work.

I now see that when I pull the front of the dish down slightly, my quality goes up to 45%, so now I'll have to see what I can mechanically change to make that slight downward pull permanent without wrecking the whole thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts