• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
This is a poll just for folks who have bought, or will buy, a 3rd gen iPad.

When I ordered online from Apple, I was surprised to see an offer of free engraving on the back. At first, I thought of putting something like "With love, from your husband" or some such. Then I thought that would reduce resale value. I ended up having it engraved, but with something more generic, that would not likely affect a possible sale one day. But would still add a nice touch for my wife.

Did/will you have it engraved?

I have never had any of my Apple products and will never have my Apple products engraved. Like the ability to not have to worry about what is on it if and when I sell the item.

You, navychop my friend, have gone new iPad 2012 next generation, latest and best thing ever, poll crazy! ;)

Brevity is the soul of wit. ;)
:p

I posted my comment in the wrong thread using the Satguys APP on my phone. The APP does not allow you to delete the post. Instead of keeping a post that would make no sense as it wasn't even related to the topic, I decided to delete what I typed.

Now that I am near a computer, I can delete it.

You, navychop my friend, have gone new iPad 2012 next generation, latest and best thing ever, poll crazy! ;)

Yep! :D

I bought this for my wife, at her request. Useful in her work in the library.

Now am I really going to be able to give it to her...... ;)

ipad insanity affects people differently. poll crazy no, but I think navychop is using it as an aphrodisiac. Hay sailor, been at sea long? :D

It will hurt value when you sell it.

I bought my son a new ipod touch and had it engraved for a special occasion. Four months later he HAD to have the iPhone when it came out on Verizon, and he sold the iPod. Now some random kid has an iPod celebrating Andy's accomplishment :(

ipad insanity affects people differently. poll crazy no, but I think navychop is using it as an aphrodisiac. Hay sailor, been at sea long? :D

Let's hope you're right, because, uh, err..... Let's just hope you're right. :D;)

From the title, I really thought this thread was just to goof on people who go crazy for the ipad. I had no idea you people (apple people) engraved your devices. I'm shocked.

From the title, I really thought this thread was just to goof on people who go crazy for the ipad. I had no idea you people (apple people) engraved your devices. I'm shocked.

I don't consider myself an "Apple people." I have an iPhone 3GS. That is the only Apple product in my home today. My wife wants the iPad, in part because there is County software to make it very useful in her work in a library. Versions of that software also work on at least one other tablet. However, watching all the other tablets go down in flames or have VERY restrictive uses, she went broad brush.

I had no idea there was an engraving option, until I was in the ordering process and it came up. I chose something with meaning to her, but would not likely detract from resale value. The engraving was free, as noted. It's not what you normally think of as engraving. It's a quick laser shot on plastic.

I had it engraved:

A good book has no ending.
-R. D. Cumming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts