What you think about this monitor?

This is an IPS monitor: It gives you accurate colors from any angle. Which is very important if you work with photos or video.

This is an IPS monitor: It gives you accurate colors from any angle. Which is very important if you work with photos or video.

I was about to say this. I have the previous model of this that I paid $599 for when it first came out. Its an EXCELLENT monitor.

Let me re-phrase that then...no hdmi input.
That's not a big deal, as it has DisplayPort and DVI. All you need is a $3 adapter.

Also would like to add that I really like Asus.
Asus is a good company, but I believe their 24" IPS monitor is almost $200 more expensive than this Dell.

That's not a big deal, as it has DisplayPort and DVI. All you need is a $3 adapter.

Asus is a good company, but I believe their 24" IPS monitor is almost $200 more expensive than this Dell.

I have seen the 24" Asus Ips monitors in the $240-$270 range and they come with hdmi ports.Just trying to save the op some money.I have read and heard that Dell makes some very nice monitors but imho they are overpriced.My personal experience with Asus monitors and mbs have been very good.

Yes, but IceWolf isn't clear on whether or not that's a requirement. He just asks if it's a good monitor. As with Teehar, I've seen Asus IPS displays in this size in the $240-$250 range. And if you don't need IPS, less expensive is readily available.

I have seen the 24" Asus Ips monitors in the $240-$270 range and they come with hdmi ports.
That would be a very good price if it's brand new. Let me know if you have a link. I might actually be interested.

That would be a very good price if it's brand new. Let me know if you have a link. I might actually be interested.

PHP:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SP100A2775S2869710002P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM4532510501

PHP:
http://greendragonpc.com/asus-lcd-ml249h-led-backlight-24inch-wide-hdmi-vga-1920x1080-50000000-1-8ms-ips.html

Thats just a couple I saw via google.I'm sure there are more out there within that price range.

I'll chime in and say I have several ASUS 24" monitors and home and work and am quite happy with them.

Let me re-phrase that then...no hdmi input.Also would like to add that I really like Asus.

That's strange. I just got home and checked my model. It's a U2410. It has 1 x HDMI, 2 x DVI-D, 1 x VGA, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x Component and 1 x Composite.

Thats just a couple I saw via google.I'm sure there are more out there within that price range.

The links that you provided refer to Asus ML249H monitor, which is mislabeled as IPS.
If you check the ASUS' web site, it clearly states that this model is MVA, not IPS.
The only 24" IPS monitor that I could find at ASUS' website is PA246Q
It's a very good monitor, but it retails for around $500!
For an IPS monitor, Dell's $339.99 is a very good price.
Whether the IPS' color accuracy matters to the OP or not, of course is a different question. :)

That's strange. I just got home and checked my model. It's a U2410. It has 1 x HDMI, 2 x DVI-D, 1 x VGA, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x Component and 1 x Composite.

Nothing strange about that as the model you have is a higher end model and costs more than the 2412.

Nothing strange about that as the model you have is a higher end model and costs more than the 2412.

Sorry, I wasnt even aware they were still selling the U2410. I assumed that the U2412 was just a newer model.

Sorry, I wasnt even aware they were still selling the U2410. I assumed that the U2412 was just a newer model.

NP...don't know why dell numbered them that way.One would assume a 2412 would be a higher end model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)