Difference between RC64R and RC34 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between an RC64R and a RC34 remote? Initially got a RC64R (with HR21 which is going back) and an RC34 (with a replacement HR20.

The 64 is a newer remote version vs. the 34, and the “R” after the 64 indicates it is RF capable.

In addition you can return the 34 and keep the 64; they just want one of them back.

It can be used with your HD DVD in RF mode which doesn't require a clear line of sight to the receiver to operate it. It also has more codes for newer TVs.

First of all, both the rc34 & rc64r are RF remotes. The difference is the rc64r has more upto date library of codes. And on the rc64r remote you can get into the Menu of tv, vcr, or dvd.

First of all, both the rc34 & rc64r are RF remotes. The difference is the rc64r has more upto date library of codes. And on the rc64r remote you can get into the Menu of tv, vcr, or dvd.

Appreciate the feedback.

The RC34 remote that comes with the R15 is not RF capable and I’m 99% certain the rc64 also is not RF capable, but the rc64r is.

The RC34 remote that comes with the R15 is not RF capable and I’m 99% certain the rc64 also is not RF capable, but the rc64r is.

Wrong, the rc34 is RF. if it has a FCC sticker on the back of the remote it is a RF remote. Anyways the rc34 never came with R15, the rc23 was.

Wrong, the rc34 is RF. if it has a FCC sticker on the back of the remote it is a RF remote. Anyways the rc34 never came with R15, the rc23 was.

I stand corrected. RC34 is RF capable. The RC64 is not but the RC64R is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)