Different Audio Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talos4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
SE Wisconsin
Last night I happened to be working near the right side of my entertaiment center and noticed that the Right Audio channel was not working.

(HR21-700/AM21 HDMI-DVI to set, Optical audio to receiver, Analog to Set) Missed the last couple of CE's so I'm on the latest national release. See my signature for system particulars.

I checked my receiver and all balance levels were correct while in Dolby mode. I switched to 2 and 7 channel stereo, PLII, DD while on the STB input and still no joy on the right side.

I then checked my receiver through the DVD (coaxial), CD (analog) and FM tuner (OTA) and the Sirius input (analog) and all audio channels are fine in any mode.

I checked the analog audio on the TV set and the right side is also not working. (so that ruled out the optical input on the A/V receiver for the STB)

RBR did not clear the issue. Nor did a hard reset.

Before I call D* and request a replacement unit under the protection plan, is there any thing else I'm not aware of OR has anyone else had this issue and found a resolution?

I think maybe we read that you touched all your possible bases and answered your own question by calling for the replacement.

Ok I can see how that could have happened, Maybe I should have been clearer at the end of my post.

Have I covered all the bases?

Am I experiencing an isolated issue?

Is it worth trouble shooting?

Or just make the call?

Thanks

I'm going to make the call, It's just frustrating when I've never really experienced any real problems with any of my D*gear over the last 12 years.

I suppose I should be happy and just move on. Which I'm going to do.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)