Different local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CoreyM

Original poster
Feb 23, 2015
Brunswick, MO
I live in a very gray area for direct tv.... I live right next to a river in Brunswick, mo. Which is the dividing line for the local broadcast.... I get horrible college wanna be locals and right across the river they get the good Kansas City locals... I mean not even 1 mile away but direct tells me it is still impossible to get those even of my neighbor who has cable has those... What can I do?!!!

:welcome to Satelliteguys CoreyM!

You could call Directv and tell them that you have moved and give them an address in the city next to you. Find two good addresses on google and pick a number between them that doesn't really exist. For example, if there is a 100 and a 104 Main St, tell them you are at 102 Main St. Also, tell them you have already got the dish set up and have solid signal strength numbers and just need to reauthorize your "new" local channels.

Raoul I just tried this today and even told them I did the install myself and everything was working but I still had old locals and they tried to say that a tech has to come out to reprogram my receiver....

If they changed your service address all you should need is a receiver reboot, just pull the power and plug it back in.

If they did not change the service address they may have changed the billing address only, which does not tie to your service.

Would be good to read up on the subject, search the Directv forum for "moving".

You can see the service address on your directv online account.

Call them and tell them you moved. Give an address as noted above. Tell them that you haven't switched your address at the bank yet and they'll leave the billing address alone. Even if they do change the billing address, you can change that back yourself online. The most important thing is to talk to them as little as possible about what you're doing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)