Difinitive Answer / Transferring Recordings to Hopper

I can't seem to find a solid answer on this. Every other Dish CSR has a different answer. I have not really been able to pin it down in the "Hopper Zone" either.
I'm Scheduled for a Hopper upgrade on Friday. 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys which will be replacing a 722 and a 622. I currently have an EHD hooked to my 622. I was told that I will be able to transfer all those recordings to the new hopper. Is this correct?
As I only have one EHD, I was going to transfer everything I wanted to save from my 622 where it is hooked up to now, and then physically hook it up to my 722 and do the same prior to the scheduled install. Will this work and will I be able to transfer that content to the hopper?
Also, with the hopper/joey set-up I'm describing, can all the hoppers and joeys "see" eachother as far as the ability to play recorded content from either hopper at any other location?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated?
I can't answer your first question, but I just transfered all my 722k recordings to a WD external hard drive. When connecting the hard drive, the 722k recognized it immediately and asked what I wished to do wit. AIR it then showed a window with radio buttons to check to send the selectead recordings to the HD. When my HWS was installed tsahe reverse occcurred. The transfer could not be more simple

Update on my install: All went well. I was very pleased that a Dish tech came as opposed to a sub-contractor. I've had a couple of bad expieriences with the subs. Anyway, I was able to successfully transfer the recordings from my EHD to my hoppers. I had no problems switching Back and forth between hoppers with the EHD. I ended up leaving a good amount of programming on the EHD and just hooked it up to the hopper where it will be watched. It does take a long time to transfer and I figured I would just save the HD space. Thanks everyone for your help.
Are you saying that you didn't have to transfer the EHD content back onto your Hopper to watch it? I don't seem to have that option, not able to watch anything directly from the EHD.

If you can't watch directly off the EHD something is wrong with your system.

In fact, to minimize potential problems it is better to watch programs on the EHD that were put there by ViP receivers.

Are you saying that you didn't have to transfer the EHD content back onto your Hopper to watch it? I don't seem to have that option, not able to watch anything directly from the EHD.

You will only be able to see it from the hopper it is hooked to. It will not be viewable from any other hopper or joeys. As I was used to my 622, I kind of had to navigate around to find the EHD. On the hopper the EHD is hooked to go to DVR menu, and then click on the source dropdown tab to the right of "my recordings". If the hopper recognized the EHD it will be listed as "external device 1". Click on that and your recordings from the EHD should populate.

You will only be able to see it from the hopper it is hooked to. It will not be viewable from any other hopper or joeys. As I was used to my 622, I kind of had to navigate around to find the EHD. On the hopper the EHD is hooked to go to DVR menu, and then click on the source dropdown tab to the right of "my recordings". If the hopper recognized the EHD it will be listed as "external device 1". Click on that and your recordings from the EHD should populate.

Any Joey linked to a Hopper with an EHD will be able to see and watch anything on that EHD....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)