Digital Audio, 8300HD and Time Warner

GMFreak8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Adirondacks
So I was browsing the channels, everything was going great, then I landed on The Family Channel. There was no picture, and white noise coming through my speakers, I thought maybe it was just that channel, so I turn it everything is fine for the next two channels, then I get to CNN (3 channels up) the picture is out, and no sound this time not even any white noise, I'm thinking OK, maybe there's a short outage, so I keep browsing the channels, and I'm noticing there's no DIGITAL sound whatsoever now but the picture is back, when I switch my surround receiver to analog, it's just fine though. I thought maybe it was my surround receiver, so I check the connections, and decide to take the optical digital cable and plug it into my DVD player, it played fine through there, that eliminates my equipment as the problem. So now it's either my 8300HD that's causing this problem, or Time Warner cable themselves.

I get no digital sound whatsoever on any digital channels (SD or HD), the analog channels seem to work fine through my optical sound connection. The only way I can get sound on any digital channel is to switch to analog mode on my receiver. Anyone have any information that might help me? I'm going to call Time Warner, but thought I'll post this here too, just to see if anyone knows.

My box does something similar, I have to go into the menu and switch the sound option from digital to analog and then back to digital and then I get digital sound again.

I tried that, didn't seem to fix it. I called time warner, and they reset the box, it fixed it, but they are sending someone out, because the box is showing errors. We'll see what's up wednesday.

GMFreak8 said:
I tried that, didn't seem to fix it. I called time warner, and they reset the box, it fixed it, but they are sending someone out, because the box is showing errors. We'll see what's up wednesday.

is it working now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)