Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As you all have said, the original TP issue is a problem in these 2 area's; of linear; it is basically a radar near them. For instance, where i am at, there is no TI source of almost any type (3.7-4.2) anymore. In the Cities, the new "globes" they hang on the freeway light the ground "up" with close wideband networking in "bands" of circular interference cut next (and they say alongside) into everything that has a ground. This noise is overwhelming the lnbf in low power C and Ku band downconverters at the same bandwidths and makes the meter say "too much noise with me type reception occur's". They need to 1) isolate the direction of these signals and put shields between them (if it will work). Then the carrier portion of the dish and its aim can be the only "gained" signal. In close in area's to the transmitters even tree's and building's are too saturated with these 500-1000-10000 watt placements of "microwaves at band". Vancouver to B'ham in Washington is one area this is the happening m sure it saturates the lnbf also. All of the channel's have that perfect varied strength in the "satellites direction"; so by varying or blocking the nearby boats with 3.7-4.2 (and the cuts on the Titanium) will suffice; not to mention the radar at 4.3 Ghz. which airports rely upon these days (did i say it can remove some of the military anti-radar, but not all). Yes, this causes blipping.

wvman you didn't get a Cisco receiver from Reindeer Satellite did you? I hope not cause their "subscription service" is a scam. There are posts about staying away from Glen/GlenTech/Reindeer Sat.

Sorry for the slow reply, been out of town. No, this Freesat V7 came direct from China via EBay. It will come E-Pac, so don't expect it next week. I haven't got it yet, so I can't verify how it will work, but I will post its results when I get it in service. It has free shipping, so worst case scenario is it will cost $27 to find out. There are other sellers on there offering the same receiver, but this was the least expensive. I've spent $27 on worst things. You should be able to find it using the seller's information. Can't post a link, but the seller info should help. If not, let me know.
  • s-l64.jpg
New Freesat V7 HD 1080P DVB-S2 Digital Mini TV Box Receiver Support Wifi
Seller Info: (doocogo)
Price:
US $26.44

Hi wvman. Congrats on picking up that dish. I don't follow you PID solution however. I have those exact numbers on Galaxy 16 (PID's etc) and still get break up there, so I am guessing it's your box that is the reason. My microHD is still struggling with these. Please let us know how the cheap box works out. Can you PM the site where you bought this for $27 if it's inappropriate to post links here.

TvMind, I just posted the information you requested as completely as possible without posting an actual link. If you still can't find it, please let me know and I'll PM you. As I said in the other post, I don't have the receiver yet, so I can't say how it will work, but I should have it in a few days and I'll be glad to share the results of its operation. I got this one off EBay, and the seller only showed 5 available, but there are other sellers showing the same receiver for about the same money.

Last evening MeTV and Movies was breaking up on Galaxy 16 on the HDVR1200, but after a restart on the receiver, it cleared up and still working fine this morning. I still haven't been able to recover H&I and Decades on SES-1. Hopefully, this new receiver will take care of that. However, the MeTV HD channels on SES-1 are working fine, even though the signal level is just above the lock threshold. Sorry for the slow reply, I was out of town for a bit. I'll let you know when I get this receiver hooked up. Cheers!

richyrich, Several years ago we had a C-Band installation that was having a problem with TI from a telephone microwave tower on mountain to the right of the C-Band install. In order to fix the problem, we installed several filters trying to eliminating the problem, but they didn't work. After some analysis and trial and error, we came up with the idea of installing 36 inch, aluminum panels around the outside edge of the dish to block the microwave from the telephone tower. We also installed a 6 inch ring of aluminum around the outside edge of the feed assembly.

It was a weird looking contraption, but it worked. I hadn't seen this installation for the better part of 25 years until a couple months ago, and it was still in the guy's yard and after stopping to see if the same folks had it, I found out the man was still alive (wife passed away at 83) and using it with FTA equipment on it. We had a rather lengthy conversation, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Sorry for the slow reply, been out of town. No, this Freesat V7 came direct from China via EBay. It will come E-Pac, so don't expect it next week. I haven't got it yet, so I can't verify how it will work, but I will post its results when I get it in service. It has free shipping, so worst case scenario is it will cost $27 to find out. There are other sellers on there offering the same receiver, but this was the least expensive. I've spent $27 on worst things. You should be able to find it using the seller's information. Can't post a link, but the seller info should help. If not, let me know.
  • s-l64.jpg
New Freesat V7 HD 1080P DVB-S2 Digital Mini TV Box Receiver Support Wifi
Seller Info: (doocogo)
Price:
US $26.44
Please let us know how it works for you. I'm considering purchasing one myself.

For me Decades, Movies, H & I are completely unwatchable most of the time and now MeTv is beginning to act up.

Me and ME alternate is working well right now for me 3:30 AM Mountain time Monday.
solid 65- 67 signal quality. Nothing on any of the others but an occasional half second blip of sound on Decades

Please let us know how it works for you. I'm considering purchasing one myself.

For me Decades, Movies, H & I are completely unwatchable most of the time and now MeTv is beginning to act up.
I checked the shipping info a little while ago and the receiver is in NY right now. If it's like everything else that comes through NY, it should be here by Wednesday. As soon as I get it and figure out how to tune in, I'll let you know how it works. Hopefully, it will resolve the issue and I will order a second one.

The HDVR1200 I'm using now started to break up on Movies and MeTV on Galaxy 16 over the weekend. After pulling the plug on the power supply, and resetting the receivers, all is well. I am not entirely sure if it's a heat problem or if the processor just needed to be reset, but it worked. Stranger things have happened.

The FreeSat V7 has been running these channels for several weeks now without a glitch.

I still see the same problems as before with the other receivers previously listed.
Where did you get your FreeSat V7 receiver Titanium, on Ebay? If so, which seller?

The receiver looks smaller than the power supply in the picture. The seller in the link has sold 115 units when I was just looking. Very tempting for the price to get the popular channels back for reliable reception.

Well gang, I got the Freesat V7 in today. It locked up H&I, MeTV HD, Movies & Decades just fine. All are working so far without a glitch. It's been in and playing for about 2 hours, however, I have not been able to locate the menu that allows you to manually add a channel, or have I found out which menu allows you to look at the PID settings.

It failed to locate MeTV 1&2 SD on SES-1, and did not locate MeTV or Movies on Galaxy 16. Bear in mind, I have only had this receiver for a couple hours. Maybe TI can chime in and explain where the manual channel add feature is, if it exist. I have all the PID for the channels that didn't tune. You'll get a chuckle when you see how small this unit is. It measures a whopping 4.25Lx3.25Dx1H. Just enough room for the HDMI, Sat. In and a USB and a mini pin audio cable.

Hopefully, Titanium knows how to manually add channels and find the PID information. In any case, the channels everyone has been having fits with work just fine on this receiver. It does have a DVR function through the USB hookup. Haven't tried it, so I am not certain how well it functions. Cheers!

Oh, almost forgot. You may want to erase all the satellites in the satellite setup menu. All that was in this receiver was European satellites. It's pretty easy to manually add satellites after you've cleared them. When you have it to scan, make sure it doesn't say something like SES-1/Galaxy-16 or it will try to scan both satellites simultaneously. All you have to do is to remove the check mark for the other satellites to make sure you're not trying to tune more than one satellite.

Reactions: fred555
True but funny... I disconnected the V7 a few days ago to test another STB sample. A few minutes ago I could not find it! My bench is organized and very little clutter. Looked for almost 5 minutes and finally assumed that it was accidentally thrown out. Just as I was giving up, I moved a remote control sitting on a shelf.... the receiver was hidden behind a remote control!!! Yep, that is how small it is!!! LOL :D

The STB does not have a display in decimal for the service parameters. The PIDs are displayed in hex on the service banner.

To manually add a service:

In the Install Menu press the RCU "RECALL" key to display the Transponder List window.
Select the transponder that you wish to manually add the service.
Press the RCU blue color key to display the Scan window.
Change Scan Mode to PID type.
Enter the VPID, APID and PCR values.
Press Search to log the service.

V7 vs microHD
cd72922f843689875c22609294fd9285.jpg

V7 vs ASC1
f274d53de3566b104eeea17d1e2ffc69.jpg

V7 vs Amiko Mini HD SE remote
89c0304d1edac08dc776410c846b6445.jpg

Yep, it really is behind the remote! :D
78f6435e37b066d8aff9805b368c9f8b.jpg

Last edited:
Had a strange experience with the Freesat V7 last evening. I have been recording programs on H&I, Decades and Movies since I got it. All went well, until I tried to record programs from Shepherd's Chapel on Galaxy 16. Each time I hit the record button, the video started to break up, in the recording and the live broadcast. I switched to another channel, started recording again, and all was normal. I went back to the previous channel, hit record, and it started to break up again. I never had a problem with this channel even on the old receiver.

I unplugged the power supply for this receiver, plugged it back in and it recorded normally. I've had to do that a couple times lately. It's strange it would only do it on the one channel. I also noticed that the signal quality on H&I, Decades, MeTV & Movies fluctuates up and down about 10 points. The channels stay locked on this receiver regardless of that, but it seems they have a transponder issue on this satellite. The transponder for MeTV 1&2 didn't exist until I entered it manually and they popped right in. In fact, there were no U.S. satellites in the list.

If you purchase one of these receivers, you may want to look over the transponders list on the satellites you search and make sure all the transponders are listed for the satellite you want to use. You may want to jot down all the PID's, symbol rates and transponder frequencies before taking the old receiver out of service. It makes adding missing channels a whole lot easier. I haven't tried a firmware update yet, (didn't want to take a chance on bricking it until I get the other two I ordered in), to see if it loads all the U.S. satellites.

Maybe Titanium can weigh in on this. I don't know if he updated the firmware when he got his or not. Other than these minor glitches, everything is working well. Hope this has been helpful.

The firmware update went well on the two I have.

Did you already have programmed satellite information saved in the receiver? Where did you get the firmware updates for the Freesat V7? Did the updates install the U.S. satellite information? All mine had when I got it was European birds, none from the U.S. I had to manually add some of the channels. Will the firmware update set the receiver back to factory default, deleting the programmed satellites. Yeah, I know, questions, questions, questions.

I just received my receiver a week ago and still in the dark about some of the features. I still haven't been able to locate a signal meter that locates satellite signals before a scan is done. I tried to use the signal meter in the satellite setup menu but it did not display a signal when I was looking for RETRO TV and some others. I had to break out my satellite tuning meter to find them and then hooked up the receiver to tune them.

I'm wondering if anyone noticed a drop in signal quality for MeTV? I was getting 65% on this channel, and now it's only coming in at 51 or 52 on the V7. The receiver locks up OK, but that's marginal.

richyrich, Several years ago we had a C-Band installation that was having a problem with TI from a telephone microwave tower on mountain to the right of the C-Band install. In order to fix the problem, we installed several filters trying to eliminating the problem, but they didn't work. After some analysis and trial and error, we came up with the idea of installing 36 inch, aluminum panels around the outside edge of the dish to block the microwave from the telephone tower. We also installed a 6 inch ring of aluminum around the outside edge of the feed assembly.

Oh, ya, big boss; you were right to get a better filtered and aimin' by using "blockers" of directionals. Oh, my is this the v7 thread been sayin' runnin'? Wir, wir, on the wall; who's the fairest maiden on my watl?
It was a weird looking contraption, but it worked. I hadn't seen this installation for the better part of 25 years until a couple months ago, and it was still in the guy's yard and after stopping to see if the same folks had it, I found out the man was still alive (wife passed away at 83) and using it with FTA equipment on it. We had a rather lengthy conversation, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Did you already have programmed satellite information saved in the receiver? Where did you get the firmware updates for the Freesat V7? Did the updates install the U.S. satellite information? All mine had when I got it was European birds, none from the U.S. I had to manually add some of the channels. Will the firmware update set the receiver back to factory default, deleting the programmed satellites. Yeah, I know, questions, questions, questions.

I just received my receiver a week ago and still in the dark about some of the features. I still haven't been able to locate a signal meter that locates satellite signals before a scan is done. I tried to use the signal meter in the satellite setup menu but it did not display a signal when I was looking for RETRO TV and some others. I had to break out my satellite tuning meter to find them and then hooked up the receiver to tune them.

I'm wondering if anyone noticed a drop in signal quality for MeTV? I was getting 65% on this channel, and now it's only coming in at 51 or 52 on the V7. The receiver locks up OK, but that's marginal.

Firmware:
http://freesat.cn/v.asp?big=79&small=86&id=94

Yes I deleted all but one Euro satellite, then programmed only the 8 us satellites (but not any transponders) that I have dishes pointed at,
then did a blindscan on all 8 sats.

Firmware update did not install US list.
Save your satellite list (User DB) before you update the firmware.

I have other receivers to use out at the dish for tuning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)