Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What were the VPID/APIDs before rescanning?

Side by side receivers providing different reception results tuning the same services would seemly to point to the same AFT (Automatic Fine Tuning) issues that were corrected in the microHD in 2013 for these problematic channels.
Earlier you had mentioned an issue with the service ID being the same on several channels. You also noted that if the Service ID was different, it should remedy the problem. I went into manual add channels on my HDVR1200 and it has a place to enter the VPID, APID and a host of other things like frequency, transponder, but no where to change the SID. Is this something that needs to be done with an editor because I see no place to change the SID in this receiver. I figured I use all the other settings and change the SID and save the channel, rename it and everything may take off working.

Both decades and H & I are extremely low..not watchable on Manhattan and Amiko but still hanging good on X2 mini.

All I have now is MeTV and it has started breaking up, especially during the day. I've completely lost H&I, Decades and Movies. I even noticed the same thing happening on some of the GDMX channels in Galaxy 16. It's spreading like a virus. Up on RetroTV and other channels on that satellite, the picture doesn't break up, but the video stops and restarts. This is getting weird.

The SID (Service ID) typically needs to be changed using a channel editor. Do not think it can be edited internally with the 3500 channel edit menu.

The 101w channels are coming in fine here in Northern California with a 10' dish and PLL LNBF as of 2pm PDT. They have been solid for most of the week. Here is a short screen capture shot a few minutes ago.

There may be a different system issue if you are experiencing problems receiving other channels on 101w. The previous reception problems on Decades, H&I and Movies has cleared up on my system.

The previous reception problems on Decades, H&I and Movies has cleared up on my system.

Oh, really? The problem sorted itself out somehow. Still experiencing breakup here. That X-squared technology is looking more and more desirable now.
I did an experiment. Scanned those transponders on a non HD box (CW600S) and they come up as radio channels. I can listen into Decades and H&I, Movies! and they are is this garbling distortion that occurs when the signal drops and comes back up, but still more usable than on the video+audio of the microHD which is poor to non-existant. This would indicate some tuners, even non HD can handle these fussy channels. I did pop off the cover and poked around in there just for the hell of it and didn't really get anywhere except for discovering how overly sensitive this tuner is to even a high impedance scope and DMM probe placed on a neighbouring smt capacitor. Doing that I was able to destabilize reception. Now I know that I probably didn't use state of the art microwave RF precautions but that is not normal behaviour at all. I closed her up and didn't push my luck. Anybody in the Montreal area selling this Xsqrd box? (does it have to be a mini model, or do all these in the series work?)

hoskins.jpg
Fixed itself?

Using the A2 channel editor, I don't see anything but unique Service Key ID numbers for each of those affected channels. There are no other options I can see to change. Quite a mystery.

Decades,H&I,and Movies worse than ever this morning.I was hoping to watch the Tarzan marathon. :(

It's like the signal is pulsating or something.

Whatever it is, it's getting worse. I wasn't having problems until a week or so ago and then the issue just got progressively worse where as now I can barely tune them in. MeTV HD is fine still though.

I imagine that if it keeps getting worse and worse like it is, someone at the uplink or wherever will realize there's a problem and maybe it'll get fixed.

I'd like to hear more about whether all the X2 mini premium and X2 M1HD are pulling in these channels. Anyone?
I have my M1HD open at the moment to try to add a fan due to some overheating issues. A quick hook up shows MeTV is stable. I am getting Decades, H&I and Movies! as well. There is a some video stutter, but mostly watchable. This is on an 8' Tek2000 dish with a C1-PLL lnbf. Don't know what the outcome would be with other dish sizes and lnb combinations.

Last edited:
This makes me question whether SES 1 changed something that most of our hobbyist grade receivers are incapable of receiving.

Any of those cheap Chinese receivers working for H&I, Movies! or Decades?

Satellites do not modify the transport stream or data in the uplinked carrier, they are simply a repeater. They do not care if the service is analog, digital, encrypted, modulation or encoding type. Whatever information is on the uplink carrier is frequency shifted and transmitted on the downlink carrier.

Link budgets, footprints, encoding and modulation types are the variables that could affect if a service can be received.

I have my M1HD open at the moment to try to add a fan due to some overheating issues. A quick hook up shows MeTV is stable. I am getting Decades, H&I and Movies! as well. There is a some video stutter, but mostly watchable. This is on an 8' Tek2000 dish with a C1-PLL lnbf. Don't know what the outcome would be with other dish sizes and lnb combinations.

Do you have another box like a MicroHD or A3 you can try? Love to know if there is a difference.

The SID (Service ID) typically needs to be changed using a channel editor. Do not think it can be edited internally with the 3500 channel edit menu.

The 101w channels are coming in fine here in Northern California with a 10' dish and PLL LNBF as of 2pm PDT. They have been solid for most of the week. Here is a short screen capture shot a few minutes ago.

There may be a different system issue if you are experiencing problems receiving other channels on 101w. The previous reception problems on Decades, H&I and Movies has cleared up on my system.

I haven't been able to watch H&I, Decades and Movies for over a month. I have one of the Titanium PLL LNBF's on my system, so I doubt it's frequency drift causing the problem. I did notice that there are several channels on other satellites that are using a 0001 SID at the same time and it doesn't seem to affect the other channels. The other evening MeTV started acting up, so I figured I'd delete H&I, Decades and Movies out of the list to see if it would help with the receiver not having to deal the other channels. Didn't work though. Not sure where to go from here.

I've got a 7.5 foot wire mesh dish and these channels worked great before. Not sure why everything went bonkers all of a sudden. I can't imagine it being a dish problem.

All channels have very good SNR and almost error free BER when analyzed on the AI S2 meter and with the TBS6983. The AI S2 meter, the GEOSATpro HDVR3500 STB and the TBS 6983 PCIe are locking the channels without error. I agree that there does not seem to be any problems related to the frequency.

The GEOSATpro microHD is not reliably locking and only will show a SQ reading every few seconds and programming intermittently. The signal type reads as a CCM DVBS QPSK, but the intermittent lock almost looks like it does on an service with ACM coding.

The Manhattan 1997 and GEOSATpro HDVR1200 do not display any signal quality or signal lock.

wvman - Replicated SIDs on any satellite does not necessarily cause a problem. Multiple transponders on a satellite can share the same Service IDs without any problem as long as the services are not within the AFT range of the receiver. The SID confusion that many receivers have on this satellite is caused by the transponders being within the tuners automatic tracking range.

Do you have another box like a MicroHD or A3 you can try? Love to know if there is a difference.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I tried with my Amiko Mini HD SE last night. MeTV was breaking up but watchable. Nothing at all on Decades, H&I or Movies! (and hasn't been for quite a few days). I don't have a microHD but do have an A3. Will hook it up and see. I'd really like to see someone figure out this issue and solve it. :(

I just tested the Amiko Mini HD SE again today and also tried the Amiko A3. No signal at all for Decades, H&I or Movies! on the Amiko Mini HD SE. Jumping quickly from 0 Q to 16 Q and back on the A3, not lockable. Both getting MeTV but break up is pretty bad. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)