Digital OTA tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Based on the indicator being "D" my guess is that it is non-DVR; indicated by "R" (as you noted) and non-digital; All current DirecTV branded HD units will be indicated by "H"; I also see no mention of ATSC or any digital display outputs in the user guide shown at the DirecTV website.

Yes, I too was looking at the user guide, determined that it is NOT HD as expected , but also has NO Digital tuner.

It is starting to look like the only rec's. that have digital tuners are the HD units.

This pretty much pushes people into going with a HD rec., even if they have no desire to have HD.

I wonder if my friends call and need to upgrade to a tuner that has a digital tuner before Feb., will D* be offering the tuners for next to nothing ?

My buddy figures, they are making them change, not the sub wanting to change (also for the mpeg4 programming, which is nothing if you don't have HD) they should GIVE you the rec. if they want them to keep thier service.

Jimbo

My assumption would be people asking for SD units likely have no desire for HD or digital; those people can get D/A boxes at the local Wal Mart, 2 for nearly free with the Govt Coupons. I think this is a good decision by DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)