Digital ready LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLDSL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Getting the final pieces in place to install a c band system that I aquired for free :) of course i'm having to add a few things like an mpeg2 reciever , but the big question is, will I need to change out the lnb with one listed as "digital ready" for this application, or will the old one work ( I've managed to find a couple of satelites on analog so far with a tv out in the yard, good reception)
And if I were to add a dual lnb setup for KU would that need to be digital ready as well, ?

Thanks-----Robert

RLDSL said:
Getting the final pieces in place to install a c band system that I aquired for free :) of course i'm having to add a few things like an mpeg2 reciever , but the big question is, will I need to change out the lnb with one listed as "digital ready" for this application, or will the old one work ( I've managed to find a couple of satelites on analog so far with a tv out in the yard, good reception)
And if I were to add a dual lnb setup for KU would that need to be digital ready as well, ?

Thanks-----Robert

I would try the LNB first with your FTA before you replace it.
Are you going to change the feedhorn to a C/KU feedhorn? If so the one you buy one off EBAy will probably come with both LNBs that are new enough to work with the FTA. Check the specs though or post them here for one of the smart fellows to help you out.

If you have decent LNB's, you don't necessarily need "digital ready" LNBs. They can help some on marginal signals, they reduce the "drift" or bouncing in signal quallity that you'll see if you watch the signal quality display on your FTA receiver. This drift doesn't have any impact on your picture unless it causes the quality to drop below the acceptable level...then you'll get artifacts.

I agree with the previous poster...try what you've got fiirst, then upgrade if you need to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts