Digital receiver from Ebay.........

mailman390

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Connecticut
Has anyone bought a Comcast digital receiver on Ebay and hooked it up? They can be bought pretty cheap. I currently have 1 HD receiver and 1 digital receiver, but would like to get another one without the lease fees. If I could buy one on Ebay and just hook it up, cool. Or would it have to be activated like a Dish receiver? Any help would be great! My digital box is a DCT2224-1161 which is readily available on Ebay.

Yes, it would have to be activated but it most likely WILL NOT BE! That's because most ALL the boxes on ebay are either stolen or "failed to have been returned".

They will not activate a stolen box. You will be out money. People get screwed and then turn around and resell them to some other poor unsuspecting sole. Those boxes are not sold in the US. There are exceptions of course. In Canada you can buy some and at one point, a company out west was selling one type of older box - but thats it.

Besides, even if you could buy one, the techn ology changes so fast, they will be outdated very soon. Just pony up the $5-7 bucks and rent one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts