Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
I have a DIGITRANS DTE-7100, that the potentiometer looking thing behind the "tuning knob" it cracked in two. I have unsoldered it from the front panel board. My question is does any one know what this part is officially called and what the specifications are so that I can order a new one from mouser and get this back into service.

It's actually called a "Rotary encoder" unlike a potentiometer, each detent of the knob is simply a momentary closing of a switch contact. Not sure what the specs are, but it's similar to the volume controls on some factory installed car stereos. I have a DTE-7150 that has the same one. There should be 3 "legs" on it: center/common and up & down on either side of common.

I have twist-tied mine together, and it's working.
I too would like to find a source for one.
I've looked around, but I'm not sure an exact match is going to be easy to find.

I have both 7100s and 7150s, and none have a broken "rotary encoder". One is slightly bent, although it seems to work fine. I can see how this part might break, since that knob sticks out from the front of the unit... Those receivers are actually manufactured by Motorola, so maybe they would have the part.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)