Diplexer and Splitter Setup Question

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
PA
Hello,

I like to know if i can use the following setup. I have Splitter setup which I have incoming cable connected to but recently I installed Sat Galaxy 25 FTA and like to get my cable/internet and sat use the same cable coming into the house. Is this possible? I know two diplexer are needed one outside cable/sat coming in other near the Tv/receiver. I have included a diagram. I am trying to avoid another line through the rented house.

Thank You

Attachments

• splitter and Diplexer.jpg
    splitter and Diplexer.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 318
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the same idea with a DISH500 with Time Warner cable via RG6 cabling....I heard of using a diplexer and ultimately a splitter to split the original signals....pls advise!

Dai

Splitter question. I have Directv and my previous receiver I split off the coax going to the tv from the rec'r. The new receiver I have does not use coax going to the tv. It uses the red/yellow/white audio video from the rec'r to the tv. Any way to split this off to another tv?

Splitter question. I have Directv and my previous receiver I split off the coax going to the tv from the rec'r. The new receiver I have does not use coax going to the tv. It uses the red/yellow/white audio video from the rec'r to the tv. Any way to split this off to another tv?

Run the RCA cables (red, white, yellow) into either a modulator (used to convert DVD signals into a channel 3/4) or a VCR. On the outputs of either, you can then split the outgoing coax signal.

As long as the 4-way goes up to at least 1450MHz and passes DC, it will work fine. Realize, though, that you can only have one receiver connected at any given time. Also, if you have cable (includes internet), both the splitter and diplexer need to go down to 5MHz.

Another option would be to insert 2 diplexers at the splitter and route the satellite around the splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)