Diplexer question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trav

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
I have an oval dish and a round dish for locals on my roof, as well as a 6x8 multiswitch. 4 cables are running from the oval dish to the multiswitch, 1 cable is running from the round dish into the multiswitch. That leaves one "flex port" open on the multiswitch. So I have an OTA antenna up there as well and I was wondering what would be the best way to hook it up using the existing outputs into my HR10-250 receiver. There are three cables running OUT of the multiswitch - two of them to the HR10-250 and one to my SD receiver in another room.

So can I hook up the OTA antenna to the "flex port" input on the multiswitch? If so, then where do I put the diplexer on the other end in order to run a cable into the HR10-250's antenna input? Or do I also need a diplexer on the roof that hooks into one of the multiswitch outputs that goes to my HR10-250? I know that way will work, but I was wondering if I can bypass the diplexer on the roof by just hooking the OTA cable into the last port on the multiswitch???

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)