Diplexer question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trav

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
I have an oval dish and a round dish for locals on my roof, as well as a 6x8 multiswitch. 4 cables are running from the oval dish to the multiswitch, 1 cable is running from the round dish into the multiswitch. That leaves one "flex port" open on the multiswitch. So I have an OTA antenna up there as well and I was wondering what would be the best way to hook it up using the existing outputs into my HR10-250 receiver. There are three cables running OUT of the multiswitch - two of them to the HR10-250 and one to my SD receiver in another room.

So can I hook up the OTA antenna to the "flex port" input on the multiswitch? If so, then where do I put the diplexer on the other end in order to run a cable into the HR10-250's antenna input? Or do I also need a diplexer on the roof that hooks into one of the multiswitch outputs that goes to my HR10-250? I know that way will work, but I was wondering if I can bypass the diplexer on the roof by just hooking the OTA cable into the last port on the multiswitch???

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.