Diplexing OTA channels to a Dish 921

mpdclark

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
I just did a dish move and they installed a DP+4:4 switch and 2 tuner separator. I have voom so they also installed a 61.5. I am trying to get OTA channels back over single coaxial. Installer left two diplexers. Should the dixipler go behind or infront of above switch? Have tried both ways and can not get OTA channels. Anyone know where I can get additional information. Diagram etc. I also have the second diplexer behind behind 2 tuner seperator at 921 receiver.

"behind" and "infront" are too nebulous.

Here's the hardware order from receiver to switch: Separator, Diplexer, Diplexer, Switch.

If you are trying to use port #1, you MUST use a high-current passing diplexer to handle the power inserter, if the inserter is farther from the switch than the diplexer. You're better off moving the 921 to a different port of the DPP44.

Thanks for the help I will check and make sure they are in listed order. I know that I am using port #4 for this receiver.

If you can pull it off don't use the diplexers but run a dedicated wire frim the OTA to the OTA input on your receiver. There's a huge amount of OTA loss in two diplexers. Only about one eighth of the OTA signal will reach your TV, the other seven-eights will be lost in the diplexers. Close in to OTA transmitters this is not a problem, you can stand the loss, once you get out say 30 or more miles you need all the OTA signal you can capture.

Here is my current setup.

I have an antenna in my attic, its output goes thru a preamp into a diplexer outside of the house (close to the roof). The diplexer other input is the #1 output of a SW64 switch. The output of the first diplexer runs to the grounding block (basement level) before entering the house. That cable connects in my basement to about 20 feet of cable that is sneaked into my game room.
A short cable run goes from the wall connector into the power inserter. From there the cable goes into diplexer # 2. The 2 output lines then go into my Monster cable power conditioner and out into the 811 receiver. I have had excellent Sat and OTA signals for about 4 years until after the latest 330 software upgrade. Since then I have lost all my OTA channels.

Franzius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)