DirecPC Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Freekmastr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
I just picked up a used direcpc dish. I was getting everything fixed up and situated in my yard when I noticed that the LNB seems to have two different places where a standard coax cable could hook in. The LNB is at the end of the arm in a standard square housing and has another box on the arm below it. I dont know what the other box is for. The other box is where the coax hook-in is. I looked at the LNB and it appeared to be cracked open and inside was another hook-in. Anyone have ideas on why this is on which one to hook into to get my feeds?

If there is a box under the arm, that might be for transmitting for internet

There should be a coax right by the LNB...use that :)

thanks

Thanks. I was wondering what to do. I am putting in all of my stuff today and keep running into tiny things that are throwing me off but Im very determined.

dicrecpc

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forums, so bear with...

I also bought a used direcpc dish and need info. First of all, when I bought it, was told the "card" was enclosed...it is not. Second, the CD needed to install it is also not with the dish. Is there anywhere I can find these needed components? Will it be worth my while to continue to attempt to set it up or should I scrap it? I bought it because my funds are limited and thought I may save some money. Now I'm not so sure....

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ac

I'm confused on what you are asking

DirecPC dishes had 2 models...ones that were internet receive only (no box underneath the arm) and the ones that transmitted too (with the box)

What CD or card are you talking about? The DPC dish is used to pick up free to air signals :)

Confused here also. You shouldn't need a CD unless you are trying to get the Internet through DirecPC or Direcway. For free to air (FTA) a CD is not needed. If it is the Internet you're after, they will not allow a 2-way set-up (Satellite) with out an Authorized Installer, I think it's FCC rules pertaining to sending info to the sat. We would hate to see you send something that interfears with our Equity Channels. Or any channel for that matter. You would be known as Captain Midnight II, if that happened.

Al

Captain Midnight, that brings back memories. Those were the days when the BUD was king and I was scrounging for BUD parts to one day build a dish :) Now, many people have forgotten about the BUDs, but still they're as useful as ever! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)