Direct receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tigerrag62

Original poster
Apr 6, 2018
South Carolina
hello all, I’m thinking about getting direct. The question I have is can I get 2 separate receivers and which ones? Our oldest daughter lives with us and needs her own dvd. I don’t mind the genie or whatever they have now, but 5 tuners would not be enough for us, hence needing separate DVrs. I am currently with dish but long story with them, just not happy. Thanks for the input.

Your only real choice as a new subscriber in your situation would be an HR44 or 54 Genie which has 5 accessible tuners. And one HR24 DVR with 2 tuners.

The HR24s are admittedly getting old now, but still serviceable.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tigerrage62!

As HoTat2 said, the HR44 or HR54 Genie gives you five tuners, but I think all the new customer deals only come with a Genie and a client, which gives you no extra tuners. In fact, it uses one from the Genie. In order to get an HR24 with the Genie, you may need to cough up $200. The monthly costs would be the same.

Reactions: Tigerrag62
:welcome to Satelliteguys Tigerrage62!

As HoTat2 said, the HR44 or HR54 Genie gives you five tuners, but I think all the new customer deals only come with a Genie and a client, which gives you no extra tuners. In fact, it uses one from the Genie. In order to get an HR24 with the Genie, you may need to cough up $200. The monthly costs would be the same.
I suggest they call and see what they offer, tell them that you don't want clients and I'm sure you can get an HR24 to go with the set up.
Go with the HR44/54 and the other Genie HS17 you have no options for other recvrs.

Reactions: Tigerrag62
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)