Direct TV 1080p Test Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLM

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I have 3 LCD's 1080p enabled.

I want to test, look at a 1080p picture on the sets to validate quality, ect.

Is there a test signal, or a movie trailer, something that will allow me to test the 1080p signal over DTV.

I do not want to buy a movie to check this out without testing on all 3 receivers and LCD sets.

How can I do this?

Just watch the movie.. :)

The ones that are downloaded over the satellite to your DVR you can watch for 5 minutes at no charge as a preview, this lets you see if your monitor handles the 1080p signal.

Quantum of Solace in 1080p was amazing on a 61" Samsung DLP worth the $6 to check out 1080p

When you search VOD look up all HD Movies and look for HD1080P logo, there used to be trailers, but not sure anymore. These same movies are avail in 1080p (if you enabled VOD) in LIST and then SHOWCASES

Remember 1080p is not broadcast but downloaded and most are already in your DVR.

Remember 1080p is not broadcast but downloaded and most are already in your DVR.
Not correct, there are 10 movies that were downloaded to your DVR via the Satellite. Go into the Showcase menu to see them. Again you can preview them for 5 minutes so you can decide if your TV can handle them and if the PQ is good enough. :)

Just watch the movie.. :)

The ones that are downloaded over the satellite to your DVR you can watch for 5 minutes at no charge as a preview, this lets you see if your monitor handles the 1080p signal.

Any option like this for Dish? I don't think Dish offers the free previews like Direct TV does?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)