Direct TV Advocated Lying About Need Of Phone-Line

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i have an idea,... I am going to call D* and get service ,"I will go for the 4 rooms free install deal" ! When the HSP tech gets here, i will make sure that he puts in a phone line to every reciever for free.. YIPPIE !!Then after he is done , i will call Directv and cancel service that same day! Then call the Telco and tell them to cancel my order. WOW i just saved over 2 hundred dollars !! YIPPIE!!
Thanks Directv,......SUCKERS! :devil:
Yea right, smart buisness :rolleyes:
So to all you customers reading this out there, you know how to get your phone lines for free now.. without needing the telco to put in phone lines for hundreds of dollars.:D :D

Ps.
Here is another tip , if you want cable and you are needing a wallfish done but do not want to pay the fee? Just call Dishnetwork, also demand you want a pole install.. then after the DNS tech leaves , call and cancel that same day! Then call back the cable company and tell them that you already have that cable wallfished "i took care of it" and to come on down!!

Gee Wiz , Thanks Dishnetwork.,......SUCKERS! :devil:

Well for all the low life consumers in the world, that will save them thousands of dollars, until D* & E* get them in court, to get that money back... RONTGLMAO... Thank God for the quality consumers, because they help keep the cash flow going, and understand how all of this works

And for those companies that have no respect for their employees, it's probably high time to boycott them, because they are not supporting the rest of the world, by paying a decent wage...

What goes around, comes around!!! If people are not making enough money to live a decent life, then why should the company be allowed to stay in business??? After all, how in the world can you expect people to buy your product, if you don't have enough respect for them???

Sorry, but I think you have just joined the rest of the leaches in the world, with that Anti-Employee attitude of yours... Oh, and yes, Companies do exist for the sake of the Employee, and to hire people, or they wouldn't exist at all... Companies don't breathe air, people do!!! And as soon as you get your head out of the corporate closet, you might be able to breathe also!!!

Customer has every right to cancel within 24 hours at no cost to the customer. :devil:
Its the Law that protects the consumer...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My point , is that Directv would not like to get screwed by the customers...now would they? :rolleyes: After all..... that work was done for free at Directv exspense when customer does cancel within 24 hours. Now how would they feel if every new customer did that?:eek: Kinda like techs do about this lying and free phone line at every ird crap.:mad:

stevo/65 said:
My point , is that Directv would not like to get screwed by the customers...now would they? :

With all this lease B/S, the $99 superfan, I think D* is the one thats doing the screwing enh?

Doctor Bob said:
GM is not going broke, because of the Unions!!! Look closely at the salarys for the top 500 Managers and you won't have any problem, understanding why GM is going broke!!! And this has been going on for how many years now???

You better think about who the "RICH" really are, before you start spreading false press!!! RONTGLMAO.....

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!!!

You were doing just fine till you said that. I have no love for unions but sometimes they are necessary. GM is getting killed because of the union force job bank where union members sit on their asses and do NOTHING for YEARS. Those salaries are a drop in the bucket. They make no difference in the bottom line of GM. When you pay thousands and thousands of GM employees to sit and twiddle their thumbs....THAT hurts the bottom line.

As for the rest of this....the lack of understanding of basic economics is appalling. No one hires someone and pays them "what they are worth". Company X hires Employee Y so that they can get a service and still make a profit. If Employee Y starts to make so much that he makes Company X break even on his services, then he will be fired or laid off. That is what EVERY ONE OF YOU WANT. If you own any kind of stocks, mutual funds or annuities you want that to be what happens or you are going to lose what you have.

scotsmanron said:
As for the rest of this....the lack of understanding of basic economics is appalling. No one hires someone and pays them "what they are worth". Company X hires Employee Y so that they can get a service and still make a profit. If Employee Y starts to make so much that he makes Company X break even on his services, then he will be fired or laid off. That is what EVERY ONE OF YOU WANT. If you own any kind of stocks, mutual funds or annuities you want that to be what happens or you are going to lose what you have.

You are almost right, except that they are not getting rid of those Exec's, who are draining the company pond!!! RONTGLMAO.... They could put in 100 employees, and get rid of 1 Exec, and the company would be well again!!!

There are THOSANDS of employees in the job bank. The reason GM is going under is because the make cars people don't want and they are spending more money on health care than they do on making cars. NOT because of executives.

Doctor Bob said:
Well for all the low life consumers in the world, that will save them thousands of dollars, until D* & E* get them in court, to get that money back... RONTGLMAO... Thank God for the quality consumers, because they help keep the cash flow going, and understand how all of this works

And for those companies that have no respect for their employees, it's probably high time to boycott them, because they are not supporting the rest of the world, by paying a decent wage...

What goes around, comes around!!! If people are not making enough money to live a decent life, then why should the company be allowed to stay in business??? After all, how in the world can you expect people to buy your product, if you don't have enough respect for them???

Sorry, but I think you have just joined the rest of the leaches in the world, with that Anti-Employee attitude of yours... Oh, and yes, Companies do exist for the sake of the Employee, and to hire people, or they wouldn't exist at all... Companies don't breathe air, people do!!! And as soon as you get your head out of the corporate closet, you might be able to breathe also!!!
"If people are not making enough money to live a decent life, then why should the company be allowed to stay in business??? ".....

this is interesting......
Not making enough money to live a decent life.....Give an example of "enough money'....support your claim by describing a "decent life"...
Allowed to stay in business? Who would get to decide?..You? The government?
The marketplace determines wages ...The maketplace also determines which companies stay in business.....
I am not anti employee.I believe in supply side econmics and market driven prices and wages..These things are what drives our economy..They are examples of capitalism...
Businesses operate in their own self interst....they exist to turn a profit..There is no other reason to for a business to exist...Example of this is a mfg facilty that has say 300 employees..The engineers find a way to make their product in a third less time with less use of manpower more by incorporating machines ..As a result the company eliminates 100 jobs or one third of the workforce.....It is your assertion that the business should retain the employees at great expense even though they now are no longer needed to get the job done?
Here is anpther example on a smaller scale...If I am busy with more work than i can handle, suppose I hire a helper.....A couple of months later my workeload decreases to the point where I acan handle the work myself..Should I retain the helper even though I do not need him?

DTV and their HSP and MSP program sucks..... we all know that. I pitty all those unexpecting customers that sign up with DTv for the local telco's "BUNDLED PACKAGE" a few maonths after the HSP or MSP does their "DIGITAL CABLE" install and installs the "FREE" now mandated by DTV - phone lines, cable looks "EVEN" more appealling to them. DTV SUCKS

wobbie said:
DTV and their HSP and MSP program sucks..... we all know that. I pitty all those unexpecting customers that sign up with DTv for the local telco's "BUNDLED PACKAGE" a few maonths after the HSP or MSP does their "DIGITAL CABLE" install and installs the "FREE" now mandated by DTV - phone lines, cable looks "EVEN" more appealling to them. DTV SUCKS
Yer right on target..DTV has always plaecd the undue burden of free hd wire phones lines on their techs...
I look at it this way....If an electrician installs a ceiling fan in a home he will charge for that..If he has to wire the fan from a switch or new junction box, He will charge the necessary fee to cover his time and materials..That scenario applies to any trade..why satellite is different is a mystery to me.
The bottom line is satelite truies to mimic the service that most cable companies give..Based on the assumption that if a customer is less likely to go with satellite if they have to pay for additional work..So the sat, techs are getting screwed...Of course this does not apply to those techs paid hourly. When think about it, hourly techs have no out of pocket expenses and any work they perform is of no consequence to them..contractors on the other hand buy everyhtinjg they use to complete the job yet they still must provide some free services..Nuts.....
i have stated many times that I will never work for a DTV HSP again..HSP's are bound by DTV's rules and that's where this comes from....Eventually IMO, the best techs will simply go to wqork for retailers where they can charge for aditional sevices..Actaully this is happening on the E* side..DNS is hiring people simply based on the existence of a pulse....the kind of work they are getting is sh*t..
The DNS office in my area has run ads in the help wanted for weeks now..
Gee, I wonder why

dishcomm said:
Yer right on target..DTV has always plaecd the undue burden of free hd wire phones lines on their techs...
I look at it this way....If an electrician installs a ceiling fan in a home he will charge for that..If he has to wire the fan from a switch or new junction box, He will charge the necessary fee to cover his time and materials..That scenario applies to any trade..why satellite is different is a mystery to me.
The bottom line is satelite truies to mimic the service that most cable companies give..Based on the assumption that if a customer is less likely to go with satellite if they have to pay for additional work..So the sat, techs are getting screwed...Of course this does not apply to those techs paid hourly. When think about it, hourly techs have no out of pocket expenses and any work they perform is of no consequence to them..contractors on the other hand buy everyhtinjg they use to complete the job yet they still must provide some free services..Nuts.....
i have stated many times that I will never work for a DTV HSP again..HSP's are bound by DTV's rules and that's where this comes from....Eventually IMO, the best techs will simply go to wqork for retailers where they can charge for aditional sevices..Actaully this is happening on the E* side..DNS is hiring people simply based on the existence of a pulse....the kind of work they are getting is sh*t..
The DNS office in my area has run ads in the help wanted for weeks now..
Gee, I wonder why

The expressions on their faces when they get their first check and look at those charge backs on their check..... :eek: :eek: :( :mad: ......Priceless

scotsmanron said:
The new union contract is up for renewal in just a few months. The job bank will cease to exist at that time.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0510/17/A01-351179.htm

Of course it would help if the union thugs WANTED to work.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4475637&nav=menu44_2

This jobs bank thing is exactly why the rest of us have issues with unions.... The UAW and the NYC teachers Union( yes the NYC teachers union has a jobs bank too) allow their members to sit on their ass with absolutely and do nothing but waste time..This also a slap in the face to American auto consumers and the NYC taxppayers because they are footing the bill for this un-American activity...How any self respecting worker could accept this handout is a disgrace..It goes against every principle I believe in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts