Direct TV/At&t on hold

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok,I'm going to start up a cable company called ACME Cable(unless the name has already been taken) & I'm going to demand that EVERY cable & satellite TV provider gives up information on contracts with providers,or does that only work with companies seeking a merger,AND only if I pass money under the table to the FCC?

Ok,I'm going to start up a cable company called ACME Cable(unless the name has already been taken) & I'm going to demand that EVERY cable & satellite TV provider gives up information on contracts with providers,or does that only work with companies seeking a merger,AND only if I pass money under the table to the FCC?
Dont even have to bride the FCC anymore the FCC is ran by a former telecom and cable company lobbyist.
Wheeler was chief executive of the National Cable Television Association . From 1992 until 2004, he headed up the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association, which represents cell-phone operators.

That is pretty much like allowing the fox to protect the hen house.

Dont even have to bride the FCC anymore the FCC is ran by a former telecom and cable company lobbyist.
Wheeler was chief executive of the National Cable Television Association . From 1992 until 2004, he headed up the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association, which represents cell-phone operators.

That is pretty much like allowing the fox to protect the hen house.
No. It is like having a fox guard a hen house that was emptied out by the foxes four years ago.

Reactions: bigjohnok
I see NO REASON why DISH should be allowed to have anything to do with this merger ....

WTH, They just want to stir up trouble.

If I am a business and working to merge with another business, a third business has no right to ask me what I'm doing contract wise ... and they are the competition no less.

I see NO REASON why DISH should be allowed to have anything to do with this merger ....

WTH, They just want to stir up trouble.

If I am a business and working to merge with another business, a third business has no right to ask me what I'm doing contract wise ... and they are the competition no less.
D* already gave DISH the 119 Sat or working on it as D* won't be using it.

Personally I welcome AT&T and the bundles that will come. As for dish, never was a big fan and I doubt they'll have much impact. In the end there is a ton of money and pressure on these two huge deals I just don't see them getting blocked. In the interim there will be some noise though.

Personally I welcome AT&T and the bundles that will come. As for dish, never was a big fan and I doubt they'll have much impact. In the end there is a ton of money and pressure on these two huge deals I just don't see them getting blocked. In the interim there will be some noise though.
I welcome it too .... hopefully I get a big discount on my service :D
Something like the installers get would be more than enough.
I might be able to cut my yearly D* cost by $4-500 !

They already had an impact as the 180 deadline has been suspended indefinitely, until the FCC can decide how they want to proceed. A government entity moving quickly? HA!

They already had an impact as the 180 deadline has been suspended indefinitely, until the FCC can decide how they want to proceed. A government entity moving quickly? HA!
Doesn't matter, it will still get done within the year like they said originally.

If AT&T can make a app to watch my Directv recordings out of home than i'm all for it
and Directv app can stay the same but add AT&T streamable content channels.
One can always wish :D

In this case dtv customers should applaud Charlie.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.