Direct TV fails to provide HD " A TECHNOLOGY FAILURE"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

woljr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Compared to DISH Direct TV has failed to deliver HD. Starting with the FALL SPORTS i can envision a mass exit from "D". I have waited for almost 2 years and I see no effort to compete with DISH. My latest correspance from D on the subject of HD produced only very vague answers with no hope shown for the immediate future. What Are We To Do ???

Why would this happen "starting with the FALL SPORTS"? And according to all marketing and press releases, DirecTV is supposed to be offering 1500 local channels in HD and 150 national channels in HD by the end of 2007. What vague answers do you need, and why does it have to be the immediate future?

use the search button? there are plenty of threads about this, and alot of people who reply say, Directv is bad now, but in 2007 they will see what happens as Directv has some new satellites going up they are baiscally for HD content (Locals and National)

woljr said:
Compared to DISH Direct TV has failed to deliver HD. Starting with the FALL SPORTS i can envision a mass exit from "D". I have waited for almost 2 years and I see no effort to compete with DISH. My latest correspance from D on the subject of HD produced only very vague answers with no hope shown for the immediate future. What Are We To Do ???

I guess launching 2 sats already and 2 more next year to have the capacity for 150 national and 1500 local channels doesn't count as effort...

I have the HD locals and love them. Waitting on the nationals is a pain since they can offer some right now, but it is so much better to wait of D* then go to E*.

woljr said:

Mass exit?

Again more uninformed people. How many people do you really think have HD and the ones who do care about the quality. Most people who can afford it don't watch it enough to care.

lol seems like the tide is starting to change ( or maybe all the whiners went to E*) I am glad people are starting to stick up for Directv and realize in 2007, they will be king (hopefully!)

Umm mass exit in the fall? ST is a major reason a lot of people keep D*. As for Fall Sports being the reason people would move, what sports does E* offer in HD that D* does not?

Does Dish Network offer all 4 major network in HD yet for those that are eligible for DNS? Said before and I'll say it again; no one provider has everything and has just as many failures as the other; neither is head and shoulders, night and day better or worse; not worth switching one way or the other right now; so just choose what you like, based on your needs and be done with it.

woljr said:

I resigned to the fact D* is far behind E* right now. I'm locked in for 2 years so D* has plenty of time to make good on their promise.

Don't expect D* to surpass E* on National-HD programming, E* will probably match channel for channel in that area.

It's the RSN's I think D* will have the opportunity to become the HD-Leader. And if those 2 SATS provide the bandwidth it says it will, then it better be some good PQ. Because quanity will not be good enough, it better look good also.

These people that are complaining because E* has a few more HD channels than D*, currently, have to understand something. D* has been saying all along that you will not have large amounts of HD channels until 2007. So if they are so upset because E* has more today, then switch to E*. The rest of will wait until 2007 and see what happens.

After about a month they will be sick of seeing the same looping programs on the VOOM channels. Then next year when D* lights up their new sats with HD, those same individuals will be on the E* discussion area, complaining that E* is behind D*.

Be patient and when the end of 2007 rolls around, and if D* hasn't progressed in the HD race, then a claim of them not delivering might be valid.

FALL SPORTS????

Can you watch more than 2 NFL games in HD at any one time on any provider (not counting Canadian DBS) other than D*? NO!

D* has both ESPN and ESPN2 in HD for college games. D* should be lighting up a few more RSN's in HD before football season.

What am I mssing?

lou_do said:
.....After about a month they will be sick of seeing the same looping programs on the VOOM channels....

uhmmm... kind of left field but that is not true... :) Voom has more new programming than UHD, INHD, Discovery HD Theater in a given month...

vgsantiago said:
I resigned to the fact D* is far behind E* right now. I'm locked in for 2 years so D* has plenty of time to make good on their promise.

Don't let the agreement thing keep you from doing something if you want to. As long as you return the receiver(s) that led to the agreement, you can do what you want. I did.:up

ahh sorry guys lets put it this way, everyone that is jumping ship now, will be back, or majority will be back....Lets be honest we all play this little game, where we jump ship because its better over there, you get their, learn the channels and hardware and look back over the fence and see an announcement about some other channels being added, AHHHH crap you say I really wanted that, so back again we come except this time their might be some fees, or you cant be considered a new customer yet, so on and so forth, so sit tight folks I dont think DIrectv will let you down, let their plan unfold 100% before we can say anything/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)