Direct TV fails to provide HD " A TECHNOLOGY FAILURE"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
woljr said:
Compared to DISH Direct TV has failed to deliver HD. Starting with the FALL SPORTS i can envision a mass exit from "D". I have waited for almost 2 years and I see no effort to compete with DISH. My latest correspance from D on the subject of HD produced only very vague answers with no hope shown for the immediate future. What Are We To Do ???

Well, most of the HD garbage that is on DishNetwork is outdated, but of course if you just can't live without "I Love Lucy", I guess one mans meat is another mans poison... RONTGLMAO....

The quality of D* over E* makes it worth waiting for the new HD stuff that will be coming... But that is just my Humble Opinion... LOL

Sure are a lot of loyal DirecTV customers out there! Don't know what they have done to deserve this following, since I have been with them too, and continue to be a customer of theres, I just don't think that way. As I have stated previously my reasons are my investments in their DirecTV Tivo DVRs. But it looks that may not the reason, for many. Is it that some don't want to admit that there is something better available now (DISH) and they have made a mistake? Whatever it is, what a great job D* has done selling their product and their future plans. Many root for the underdog but D* is #1, so that can't be the reason? Could it be the cost of the change? Wouldn't think that could be a big reason either. I also understand many would not want to pay for both services as I do. I really don't get it but having both D* & E*, I have the best of both in SD & HD, but presently would never recommend anyone to sign-up with D* and wait till the fall of 2007 if they had or planned any investment in "Home Theater" or HD. DISH has it all now and I use them first for my HD DVR programing and enjoyment, today.

Sunday Ticket is the main reason I stay with D*. I love my NFL. Any game, any time. Even though I hate the Yankees, I do watch YES when the Yanks play my Red Sox. I don't lose channels like OLN, Viacom owned stations, things like that. They offer me almost everything I want. If the rumors are true and we get NESN HD, I will never leave my house. They will have NFL Network HD soon enough and the only VOOM channel that interests me is Worldsport. Dish might have more HD, but some of those channels just don't interest me.

rickaren said:
Sure are a lot of loyal DirecTV customers out there! Don't know what they have done to deserve this following, since I have been with them too, and continue to be a customer of theres, I just don't think that way. As I have stated previously my reasons are my investments in their DirecTV Tivo DVRs. But it looks that may not the reason, for many. Is it that some don't want to admit that there is something better available now (DISH) and they have made a mistake? Whatever it is, what a great job D* has done selling their product and their future plans. Many root for the underdog but D* is #1, so that can't be the reason? Could it be the cost of the change? Wouldn't think that could be a big reason either. I also understand many would not want to pay for both services as I do. I really don't get it but having both D* & E*, I have the best of both in SD & HD, but presently would never recommend anyone to sign-up with D* and wait till the fall of 2007 if they had or planned any investment in "Home Theater" or HD. DISH has it all now and I use them first for my HD DVR programing and enjoyment, today.

Okay, Read closely, No one is arguing that E* is better Now, as far as HD goes anyways. what we are saying is we arent going to switch just to switch back when in a year there is a new leader. You dont think Directv knows their getting kicked up and down by E* right now? they do, but they also know the sats. they have going up and what they will be capable of, Directv is not losing subs and if anything have the ace with sunday ticket. So again I say alot of people will not switch just to switch back!

NFL is not an issue with me. Had it, but dropped it because of the big increases of it every year. I wish my paycheck would have risen to keep up with the inflation rate of the NFL package, I may still have it today. I like football, but hate being robbed.

Cable is not even thought about. Ours has the poorest sports choices I have ever seen in a cable system. They don't even carry all the local RSNs. Plus the PQ is horrible on a home theater HDTV.

I read about the complaints about E* and the ones about D*, and they wash each other out. I think D* will come through with a good HD package by their projected 2007 date. I am willing to put up with a few less HD channels, in the mean time.

You know what - besides the broadcast networks - I really want the SciFi channel in true HD - can't someone come along and provide that - I'm sick to death of waiting. I'll probably drop dead before I ever see it.

Doctor Bob said:
Well, most of the HD garbage that is on DishNetwork is outdated, but of course if you just can't live without "I Love Lucy", I guess one mans meat is another mans poison... RONTGLMAO....

One of the most ignorant statements Ive read lately> I believe S. Mota pointed out recently that Voom is producing more new content than several of the old HD channels combined. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Tate said:
Does anyone know how many markets Dish has HD locals in? Directv now has 36 local HD markets.
In how many of those markets are HD OTA viewers going to throw away their antennas for an inferior picture? Certainly someone has some screen caps by now to compare?

Doctor Bob said:
The quality of D* over E* makes it worth waiting for the new HD stuff that will be coming...

You are kidding right? Can you explain your comment on quality?

stuart628 said:
well quality recievers for one. :)

I would love to compare my 622 to D*'s MPEG4 DVR once it comes out. Unfortunately, that's not an option right now. What I can tell you is that the 622 is light years ahead of the HR10-250.

Although I recently switched to E* from D*, I have to give D* credit for doing a good job on the HD locals, at least in the Atlanta market. There were some issues (mainly audio) the first few months but they corrected them, and the video quality was comparable to my OTA.

vurbano said:
One of the most ignorant statements Ive read lately> I believe S. Mota pointed out recently that Voom is producing more new content than several of the old HD channels combined. :rolleyes:

Please send me some of that stuff you been smoking V... LOL The Quality is so much better with D* than with E*, and "MOST" of E*'s HD stuff is still junk... Those are simple facts V, and you can try all night long, but you can't deny the truth...

So what if I don't like E*'s quality!!! It's just my humble opinion!!! I don't attack you, because you are in love with E*, so chill out:rolleyes: RONTGLMAO....

BrianB said:
You are kidding right? Can you explain your comment on quality?

Sure Brian, I am a dealer for both, and after setting up two 36" Tube type HD Monitors/TV's and making copious notes, I determined that the quality of the picture coming off of that DirecTV Receiver, was far and away better than what E* was putting out. Oh and BTW, I switched TV's, and in each case the TV that was hooked up to the DirecTV receiver, had a much higher quality picture.

To really put the receivers to a test, I hooked up two 65" Back lit HD TV's to the same receivers and after that test, I was convinced that Dish Network's receivers, couldn't hold a candle to DirecTV's equipment...

Now, that was not a scientific research project, but I and 25 of my best clients, that came to the same conclusion!!! BTW, neither of the receivers will hold a candle to the high grade C-Band (production quality) picture...

Now to answer your first question, No, I'm not kidding BrianB, I'm as serious as a Heart Beat, and that is just my Humble Opinion... RONTGLMAO....

Doctor Bob said:
Sure Brian, I am a dealer for both, and after setting up two 36" Tube type HD Monitors/TV's and making copious notes, I determined that the quality of the picture coming off of that DirecTV Receiver, was far and away better than what E* was putting out. Oh and BTW, I switched TV's, and in each case the TV that was hooked up to the DirecTV receiver, had a much higher quality picture.

To really put the receivers to a test, I hooked up two 65" Back lit HD TV's to the same receivers and after that test, I was convinced that Dish Network's receivers, couldn't hold a candle to DirecTV's equipment...

Now, that was not a scientific research project, but I and 25 of my best clients, that came to the same conclusion!!! BTW, neither of the receivers will hold a candle to the high grade C-Band (production quality) picture...

Now to answer your first question, No, I'm not kidding BrianB, I'm as serious as a Heart Beat, and that is just my Humble Opinion... RONTGLMAO....

Wow... jimboeau, I agree with you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)