Direct TV fails to provide HD " A TECHNOLOGY FAILURE"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mbetts said:
Don't let the agreement thing keep you from doing something if you want to. As long as you return the receiver(s) that led to the agreement, you can do what you want. I did.:up

Can't tell me there was $0.00 out of pocket to do this. I'm only 2 1/2 months in, this might be apples and oranges.

Money is an issue for me to try and go back and forth, the only thing E* has right now that I want is Starz-HD. But just subscribed to Netflix, so all I really need is HBO for it's original programming.

7 is the # for completion. 07 will be the year for D*, they will either completely annihilate E* or completely lose alot of HD subscribers.

Cant believe I actually breezed through this thread. Have to agree 100% with Charper1. Yawn. If you dont like D*, pick one of the options. Just drop a quick note that you left.

Greg Bimson said:
Why would this happen "starting with the FALL SPORTS"? And according to all marketing and press releases, DirecTV is supposed to be offering 1500 local channels in HD and 150 national channels in HD by the end of 2007. What vague answers do you need, and why does it have to be the immediate future?

UP to the figures you mentioned

vgsantiago said:
Can't tell me there was $0.00 out of pocket to do this. I'm only 2 1/2 months in, this might be apples and oranges.

I was about 8 months into a 2 year agreement. I think I was charged $40 for "receiver recovery." Basically, shipping charges. It was well worth it to me.:up

stuart628 said:
ahh sorry guys lets put it this way, everyone that is jumping ship now, will be back, or majority will be back....Lets be honest we all play this little game, where we jump ship because its better over there, you get their, learn the channels and hardware and look back over the fence and see an announcement about some other channels being added, AHHHH crap you say I really wanted that, so back again we come except this time their might be some fees, or you cant be considered a new customer yet, so on and so forth, so sit tight folks I dont think DIrectv will let you down, let their plan unfold 100% before we can say anything/

Everyone is jumping ship ???
Looks like there are plenty of us that are not JUMPING ship, just the ones that continue to not understand the over all plan that D* set out with a year ago.
If they didn't like there plan then,then would have been the time to move.

Actually, IF these poeple that don't like one provider or the other would have done thier homework ahead of time, and decided exactly what programming they needed when they chose thier programmer then they would not be in the posision they are in now.

I did my homework when I started, and I had both providers to choose from, I chose D* and I too am waiting for D* , but I understand thier plans and I am patient , and will give them time to impliment thier plans.

btw, stuart628, I am not complaining about you, I just used your post because it addressed what the others were complaining about.

Jimbo

I am going no where

Jump ship and do what? Grab a deck chair on the SS Charlie? That is a sinking ship. Dont need the nazis calling my house at 8am on a sunday hurassing my wife for ird numbers and card numbers. Keep that junk.

you know vipers pit, I read about the nazis, and never believed they existed, thought naaahh aint gonna happen to me or my family, welllll.... they called my dads house, on fathers day (and his birthday) made him stop our bbq dinnner, get his reciever numbers, then when he didnt have one because it was in his Rv (where they told him to put it) they shut it down, and made him set up another account at 54 a month for that one, or they were going to sue him, and giving him all sorts of crap! I was very very unhappy with the way they handled it, A. it was fathers day, B. they punshied him for somethign they told him to do....that is why I looked around and am with directv now.

stuart628 said:
you know vipers pit, I read about the nazis, and never believed they existed, thought naaahh aint gonna happen to me or my family, welllll.... they called my dads house, on fathers day (and his birthday) made him stop our bbq dinnner, get his reciever numbers, then when he didnt have one because it was in his Rv (where they told him to put it) they shut it down, and made him set up another account at 54 a month for that one, or they were going to sue him, and giving him all sorts of crap! I was very very unhappy with the way they handled it, A. it was fathers day, B. they punshied him for somethign they told him to do....that is why I looked around and am with directv now.

I would have told them where they could put thier BS on Fathers day and cancelled the whole thing when they told him they would have to shut off the other receiver.

Then they would have told him tat he was a valued customer and left him on, and hung up...................... probably

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I chose D* and I too am waiting for D* , but I understand thier plans and I am patient , and will give them time to impliment thier plans.

Just curious, will there be a cutoff date? If all doesn't go according to plan.

I only used your quote Jimbos because it was perfect to use.

But how bout everyone else. Will ST (Sunday Ticket) and the sports programming keep everyone if 07 doesn't play out like we hope it will.

I did my research and didn't like the idea of one receiver supplying 2 rooms. I just couldn't see how that was going to work. I saw holes being drilled or this IR wire running along the my walls. ANd if that one went out, there goes 2 rooms. And as you can see YES & MSG weighed heavily on the decision:D

Whenever that cutoff date is it certainly isn't during the NFL season like the original post suggests. That is why a bunch of us are with D* to begin with. I do think though that all of us HD subscribers greatly over value ourselves. Let's face it, the switch by the masses has not even come close to happening. I know in my neighborhood where everyone can afford this stuff, I see very few dishes, I know that Time Warner Cable just plain sucks here and pretty much I am the only house around among neighbors and friends (mostly professionals) that has HD. They have plasmas and great sets but the numnuts don't have or understand HD. On the other hand if you go 10 miles down toward the city and drive through a huge apartment complex that is well known for housing the Mexican immigrants (mostly illegals) there are an amazing amount of dishes, not for HD of course. My point is I think I know where most of the income for both of these companies is coming from. D* will be right on time with there HD offerings when it is fiscally important for them to be. I will stay with them.

Greg Bimson said:
Why would this happen "starting with the FALL SPORTS"? And according to all marketing and press releases, DirecTV is supposed to be offering 1500 local channels in HD and 150 national channels in HD by the end of 2007. What vague answers do you need, and why does it have to be the immediate future?
Wrong, D* will have the capacity for it. DOing it and having the capacity for it are two very different things. Besides, dont forget the words "other services" which is where much of the bandwidth will go too. And there is NO statement that they will improve PQ. Nor is there a statement that anything is wrong now. :rolleyes:

And when the new sats are up, turned over and lit up,

All we'll hear is "Where are the 150 national channels they promised us?! I only count * "

talos4 said:

All we'll hear is "Where are the 150 national channels they promised us?! I only count * "

You can be sure of that .....
Thats why I pointed out that the 150 quote was the UP TO number.

In reality, when this date comes, there probably won't be 100 HD channels available, they have to be broadcasting in HD before they can be expected to carry the channel

Also, I am sure when the time comes D* will start addng the HD channels and people will be upset because they will not all be turned up on the sames day

Jimbo

vgsantiago said:
Just curious, will there be a cutoff date? If all doesn't go according to plan.

I only used your quote Jimbos because it was perfect to use.

But how bout everyone else. Will ST (Sunday Ticket) and the sports programming keep everyone if 07 doesn't play out like we hope it will.

I did my research and didn't like the idea of one receiver supplying 2 rooms. I just couldn't see how that was going to work. I saw holes being drilled or this IR wire running along the my walls. ANd if that one went out, there goes 2 rooms. And as you can see YES & MSG weighed heavily on the decision:D

Until ST is available to other providers, I will be here, even then it depends on what type of options are available, possibly the ability to buy just the teams you want wouldbe interesting, although I would probably do the whole league as it is....
in HD of course

The other thing I have to consider is the expense I have put out for the D* equipment at that point.

Jimbo

talos4 said:

They never promised any 150 national channels, their press release only said they would have the capacity for 150 nationals.
Quote from their Press Release last year: "The four satellites will provide additional capacity to deliver more than 1,500 local HD and more than 150 national HD channels and other advanced programming services to consumers."

vurbano said:
....And there is NO statement that they will improve PQ. Nor is there a statement that anything is wrong now. :rolleyes:

And that is the single most important phrase or statement not revealed in their press release or anywhere. In fact, D* is sending out emails (to those that requested explanation about their HD Lite channels... Take a look at this thread Directv committed to HDLITE!!!!!!!!!!!) telling their customers that the PQ issues (or HD Lite as we call it) are "standards" and they are sending the best PQ that the market offers (which it is not true!!).

Sad to say but I'd bet in 2007 the HD Lite issue will still be a problem for DirecTv because right now according to them "there is no problem" and lots of customers are conforming to HD Lite quality so why make a change when there are customers who are willing to pay top notch dollars for HD Lite. The old saying here will apply "if it is not broken, don't fix it" because in DirecTv's eyes the HD Lite problem is not a problem and they are convinced that there are customers that will pay for it.

lou_do said:
They never promised any 150 national channels, their press release only said they would have the capacity for 150 nationals.
Quote from their Press Release last year: "The four satellites will provide additional capacity to deliver more than 1,500 local HD and more than 150 national HD channels and other advanced programming services to consumers."

OH YES THEY DID!!! Call ANY CSR, on the regular lines or Customer Retention. They will tell you right up front that there WILL BE 150 national channels, no ifs, ands, or buts. I don't care what their press release states, the facts are what comes out of their mouths.

scotsmanron said:
OH YES THEY DID!!! Call ANY CSR, on the regular lines or Customer Retention. They will tell you right up front that there WILL BE 150 national channels, no ifs, ands, or buts. I don't care what their press release states, the facts are what comes out of their mouths.

Boy, That didn't take as long as I thought it would!

alright guys, this thread has run its course, the o.p. isnt posting anymore and we are just arguing like a bunch of school girls, To the o.p. thanks for stirring up the hornets nest, you can now return to your life.

I have called, and had others call, and I don't get fed that "line". I do however hear the word "ability" in their speech. However, who cares, we all know what the truth is and if you want to believe what you think you hear, go for it, just don't continue spreading the BS here because we all know better. We know how to read and understand what the facts are. Their phone embellishments seem to be no worse than yours and the other haters. Continuing to pass along as truth, what you already know to be wrong, is just serves ZERO purpose to anyone. IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)