direct tv help pi

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know nothing about what im doing. As i said before i have the 24 dvr. I have a dish i had used last year round 18 i believe. Date on the dish is 10/2011. Ive ran cables from both jacks on the box to the dish. When i turn the box on it trys tp communicate with the dish. 775 cabling error comes up. So i hit menu button and go into sat setup. 1 round 18-multiswitch. Ive tried both dual and single. I search for transponders no luck. I go into the other screen. Sorry i forgot the name. It shows tuner 1 and 2 where the percentage of the signals come up. Nothing comes up, ive moved the sat dozens of times. Set and reset the dish per the specs it tells me. 189/40. I still have no luck. The same dish and cable had worked last year with an older box. Im just not having any luck with this setup. It always says 775 or no sat detected. Im confused because ive tried two different cables and at the same time. I am very thankful for everyone who has and will have helped me out with this.

Bob,
Try it with the OLD recvr that you were using before and see if you have any luck ..
IF you get a signal using it, then swap out the recvrs and you should be good.

I dont have the old reciever. Why not watch tv while fishing. I suppose your going to tell me having a green egg grill out there is dumb to haha. When im at the signal meter page i cant get anything it still says 775 problem. No sat detected. Ill watch the tv on the signal screen and get absolutly nothing as i turn the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts