Direct TV Hounding At Best Buy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goreds2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
OHIO
I went to Best Buy Tuesday to look at some TV's. All I had was a Direct TV consultant bugging me the entire time trying to sell me a package.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I kept trying to tell them they do not have FoxSportsNet for the Reds games so I am not interested. They still kept hounding me and I just departed. :rant:

I went to Best Buy Tuesday to look at some TV's. All I had was a Direct TV consultant bugging me the entire time trying to sell me a package.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I kept trying to tell them they do not have FoxSportsNet for the Reds games so I am not interested. They still kept hounding me and I just departed. :rant:

But they do have Fox Sports Cinci for the Reds games. Its on channel 661.

icon_rolleyes.gif

You should have just told them you already have it. I do with anything from whom ever.

BTW, they do have FSN Cincinnati.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Surprisingly it is not us. But Bestbuy own Retailer pushing it.

Just because they have DTV shirts does not make them DTV

Surprisingly it is not us. But Bestbuy own Retailer pushing it.

Just because they have DTV shirts does not make them DTV

EDIT:
They acted like they were on commission. I have Time Warner in the Columbus area and Have FoxSportsNet CINCY. If in fact it is true, they should have had the knowledge to tell me they carry FoxSportsNet out of Cincinnati. I thought I had to get the baseball package to get the games on Direct TV.

goreds
You get FSN Cincy with D* in CIncy :)

The 45202 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or OPTIMO MAS or above):

FSN Ohio (Ch. 660) - HD Available
# Cleveland Cavaliers (HD Available)
# Columbus Blue Jackets (HD Available)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 661) - HD Available
# Reds (HD Available)

EDIT:
They acted like they were on commission. I have Time Warner in the Columbus area and Have FoxSportsNet CINCY. If in fact it is true, they should have had the knowledge to tell me they carry FoxSportsNet out of Cincinnati. I thought I had to get the baseball package to get the games on Direct TV.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I chose any zip code in Columbus and this was the results

The 43085 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or OPTIMO MAS or above):

FSN Ohio (Ch. 660) - HD Available
# Cleveland Cavaliers (HD Available)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 661) - HD Available
# Reds (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN Pittsburgh (Ch. 659) - HD Available
# Pirates (HD Available)

With the Choice Xtra package you also get:

Sports Time Ohio (Ch. 662) - HD Available
# Indians (HD Available)

Shoot, when I go to BB I cannot find anyone that knows anything about D* in order to sell it.

Shoot, when I go to BB I cannot find anyone that knows anything about D* in order to sell it.

When I go to BB, I cannot find anyone that knows anything about anything in order to sell it! Their sales staff is awful, just awful.

It's great when you buy a TV at Best Buy and they point out the over-priced HDMI cables, and over-priced surge supressors and power conditioners. :haha

It's great when you buy a TV at Best Buy and they point out the over-priced HDMI cables, and over-priced surge supressors and power conditioners. :haha
I was standing next to a salesman who was trying to convince a customer that he needed to buy a $120 Monster HDMI cable if he wants the best picture. I interrupted and told him he can buy a $5 HDMI cable from Monprice.com and the quality would be just as good. The salesman basically said you get what you pay for and a $5 cable would be 20 times worse than a $100 one. I couldn't stop laughing.

I was standing next to a salesman who was trying to convince a customer that he needed to buy a $120 Monster HDMI cable if he wants the best picture. I interrupted and told him he can buy a $5 HDMI cable from Monprice.com and the quality would be just as good. The salesman basically said you get what you pay for and a $5 cable would be 20 times worse than a $100 one. I couldn't stop laughing.

I got the HDMI cable at Big Lots for 12 bucks. Even at Walmart, they are $40.

Thanks for the other posts. I may look into Direct TV. Gotta have my Reds though. :angel:

This sounds weird...I worked at Best Buy and I can tell you we didn't get paid by commission. And they still don't know...the approach is more laid back people come in knowing what they want to purchase already and ask a question only if they are lost. But hey I can only account for all the Best Buy stores I've been to which is a lot.

This sounds weird...I worked at Best Buy and I can tell you we didn't get paid by commission. And they still don't know...the approach is more laid back people come in knowing what they want to purchase already and ask a question only if they are lost. But hey I can only account for all the Best Buy stores I've been to which is a lot.

Yes, BB has become a do it yourself store, unfortunately ....
Do your homework and go in and get what you need.

All they want to do in the electronics section is sell a Extended Warranty with a TV, thats the only way they make any money.

CC was the same way.

A friend of mine said Best Buy once quoted him $400 to install a flat panel tv wall mount bracket. :rolleyes:

I was happy when they delivered my new TV in july, hooked it up, and hauled away the old one for free.

When I go to BB, I cannot find anyone that knows anything about anything in order to sell it! Their sales staff is awful, just awful.

Not like Circuit City was any bargain either but I like to see a couple heavyweights in every industry to keep the COMPETITION thing happening. Unless you go high end in the Chicago-land area Best Buy is all we have, save Sears or Fry's. When I go in I know exactly what I want, grab it, & bee line it for the cashier. Sounds like maybe the guy was bored & you looked like a nice target (person).

Status
Please reply by conversation.