Direct Tv in canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think ANY of this is about Hacking.

It may not be, and that's why this topic is still open. If we were sure it was about hacking, it would be closed and Djenvs would be banned.

Hey guys. What I'm wanting to do is put one at my trailer in Florida. Then get 5 more boxes for my house in Canada. They will all be at my own house. But my question is wont getting 6 boxes in total in a small little trailer raise some sort of flags? Do they have to come out to activate them? I'm good with doing the install myself.

A new account will require Directv to do the install.

Get it installed for 1 or 2 receivers initialy then add more on your own online.. you can activate through your account online yourself until you reach 6

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When you say major networks you mean like nbc fox etc? To be honest I don't care where they are from (city wise). But I would like them. So if I get everything setup and working in Florida. Then move the boxes to canada would they work the same? I'm assuming I would get nbc channels from Florida. That wouldn't bother me. Does that make sense?

When you say major networks you mean like nbc fox etc? To be honest I don't care where they are from (city wise). But I would like them. So if I get everything setup and working in Florida. Then move the boxes to canada would they work the same? I'm assuming I would get nbc channels from Florida. That wouldn't bother me. Does that make sense?
No you wouldn't get the Florida locals as they are spot beamed

So when what would I get? I'm just on the other side of Erie. What I get what ever is close to me? Or nothing at all?

So when what would I get? I'm just on the other side of Erie. What I get what ever is close to me? Or nothing at all?
IF your setting up your address as being in Florida, ,when you take the boxes north, you would get the normal Sat channels, but no Network channels unless you set up an antenna and used a AM21, this would allow the network OTA channels to show in the D* guide so you could record them if you have a DVR.

So let me shed some light on the 6 receiver rule. Unless Claude can state otherwise as a retailer the reason for limiting the initial account creation to 6 irds is due to the estimated install duration. In the event the tech had to run all new lines and install a dish he in theory couldn't finish more than 6 tvs in one day. This includes a dedicated line for power and broadband in terms of wiring. That's 8 interior lines and at least one from the dish depending on what types of irds are selected. I have had no problems scheduling upgrades for additional irds after the install line items are closed and the account is active.

DirecTV cannot sell it's service to Canada. I am so sick and tired of people in Canada asking how to get DirecTV or Dish up there. You have Bell and Shaw for satellite services. I wish the U.S DBS providers would tighten up their beams to not hit most of Canada. Dish is doing that to a small extent but not all birds do that. I envision one day account stackers, "movers", and people getting the services where the sat providers are not allowed to sell to be shut down. The technology exists and should be utilized.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts