Direct Tv in canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
DirecTV cannot sell it's service to Canada. I am so sick and tired of people in Canada asking how to get DirecTV or Dish up there. You have Bell and Shaw for satellite services. I wish the U.S DBS providers would tighten up their beams to not hit most of Canada. Dish is doing that to a small extent but not all birds do that. I envision one day account stackers, "movers", and people getting the services where the sat providers are not allowed to sell to be shut down. The technology exists and should be utilized.
That would be rather difficult if your talking about a somewhat round beam, making it go down a straight line, they have to be able to cover all of the United States.

DirecTV cannot sell it's service to Canada. I am so sick and tired of people in Canada asking how to get DirecTV or Dish up there. You have Bell and Shaw for satellite services. I wish the U.S DBS providers would tighten up their beams to not hit most of Canada. Dish is doing that to a small extent but not all birds do that. I envision one day account stackers, "movers", and people getting the services where the sat providers are not allowed to sell to be shut down. The technology exists and should be utilized.

Account stacking and moving aren't comparable.

Why do u care so deeply that Canadians want directv and dish. As long as it's paid for legitimately why the skin off your back? Nobody ever in the history of the telecommunications act written by the crtc has been charged for having a directv dish on their house. I've read about 1 major distributor getting pinched and got a slap on the wrist and he was doing the decoded pirate card thing years ago. Do u really think the 2 companies give a flying Honda about where their customers are located as long as they get there money every month?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: texasfb
Why do u care so deeply that Canadians want directv and dish. As long as it's paid for legitimately why the skin off your back? Nobody ever in the history of the telecommunications act written by the crtc has been charged for having a directv dish on their house. I've read about 1 major distributor getting pinched and got a slap on the wrist and he was doing the decoded pirate card thing years ago. Do u really think the 2 companies give a flying Honda about where their customers are located as long as they get there money every month?

I somewhat agree, even if directv added technology to their dish(gps for example), and even if it only cost one dollar to add, that's still $20 million dollars spent to take in less money.... It's a no win situation for directv. There are people in Canada with directv that pay their bill every month and obviously it's illegal but that's on them not directv.

So let me shed some light on the 6 receiver rule. Unless Claude can state otherwise as a retailer the reason for limiting the initial account creation to 6 irds is due to the estimated install duration. In the event the tech had to run all new lines and install a dish he in theory couldn't finish more than 6 tvs in one day. This includes a dedicated line for power and broadband in terms of wiring. That's 8 interior lines and at least one from the dish depending on what types of irds are selected. I have had no problems scheduling upgrades for additional irds after the install line items are closed and the account is active.

On directv or Dish?

On dish its a system limitation, no exceptions. With directv its a promotion issue, but you could add more With very little issue.

The more you add, the more they look at your sccount

I agree 100%

Only issue I got is account stacking.

I have many friends and family members in law enforcement in both the Border Services and Police side, the whole "American satellite" topic is so low on the priority scale that it might as well not even be a law, it hasn't been enforced in many years. The law was written to tackle the pirates in the days when you could get your cards decrypted or whatever it was back then. I have a very close friend that works directly in the federal crimes division where illegal satellite is one of their many mandates. They get complaints DIRECT from shaw and bell about homes that their techs encounter with dish and directv satellites mounted. Those files are written off immediately and not entertained whatsoever. They are concerned mainly with illegal tobacco and counterfeit goods. My buddy tells me stories of guys that bring in boxes full of new receivers and dishes, declare them through customs pay the taxes and away they go.. Now I'm not saying a law is not being violated, I'm just saying no one in our country including the authorities gives a damn, it's lower than a speeding violation in our country... It seems the only people that do care are a few we encounter in these forums and on the other site and I just don't understand it. I assume by your name and location that you live in Wisconsin. Have a look at this link and tell me you've never broken one of these numb skull laws, http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/wisconsin..I equate our telecommunications act law to these types of laws, all states have them! I apologize in advance if links are forbidden in these forums.

As someone who had a Bell system for years in the US I can tell you Bell had no problem with my monthly payment. If the technology allows it and you're willing to pay the appropriate bill, who cares? I'm really moving in a few weeks and I will be "moving" back within a matter of weeks to keep the NY locals and RSNs.

Jesus? Is that you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Moving" is one of the biggest perks to Directv, for me. I don't think I should pay the same amount for a package that only has ABC, CBS, Fox, 3 PBS's, and 2 identical NBC's when people across a magic line get 2 ABC, 3 PBS, CBS, Fox, NBC, CW, My, Telemundo, Univision, Unimas, CoziTV, Ion, and more for the same price. If I am going to pay for TV, why on earth would I pay for the same things I can get for free? That's what the AM21 is for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)