Direct TV in Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acadoug

Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Does anyone know the Direct TV dish aiming coordinates for Acapulco, Mexico.
I am returning to Acapulco shortly where I have a DirectTV dish. I will bring my box with me in an effort to receive the service there.
The Acapulco world coordinates are 16-51N by 99-56W.
I spoke with a DirectTV tech person, but she was unable to give me the exact satellite azimuth and elevation values. Using the Acapulco zip code of 39390 in the Direct TV set-up window, gives me an azimuth of 202 True and 50 elevation.
I tried to Sattelliteguys Az-El calculator, but I do not know which DirectTV satellite to use.
Any help sure would be appreciated.
Thanks, Doug

acadoug said:
Does anyone know the Direct TV dish aiming coordinates for Acapulco, Mexico.
I am returning to Acapulco shortly where I have a DirectTV dish. I will bring my box with me in an effort to receive the service there.
The Acapulco world coordinates are 16-51N by 99-56W.
I spoke with a DirectTV tech person, but she was unable to give me the exact satellite azimuth and elevation values. Using the Acapulco zip code of 39390 in the Direct TV set-up window, gives me an azimuth of 202 True and 50 elevation.
I tried to Sattelliteguys Az-El calculator, but I do not know which DirectTV satellite to use.
Any help sure would be appreciated.
Thanks, Doug

acadoug,

the Direct TV set-up window, gives me an azimuth of 202 True and 50 elevation.
This sounds reasonable.

The farther south you go the higher your elevation will be.

Jimbo

acadoug said:
Does anyone know the Direct TV dish aiming coordinates for Acapulco, Mexico. SNIP, but I do not know which DirectTV satellite to use. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks, Doug

Judging by those co-ords that is for single sat location dish, so also assuming you are looking for the main/core programming, that would still be the bird at 101w. Plug your info into the receiver and you shoul dhave a step-by-step OSG to aid in setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts