Direct TV Installer Question.... South Carolina

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

daisbrown

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Hi,
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, Im still new here (Great Site by the way!)
Well I switched to Direct Thursday and the the Installer is coming on 1/15.
Right behind my house (10 feet away) there is a guy that works for Direct (He has the Van and everything). Just wandering if he will be the person to do the install. Or if anyone here installs for Direct in Spartanburg SC. Thanks. Have a Nice day.

You guys made all the difference for me switching to Direct, I HAD Charter for 7 years.

Welcome to the site, I'm new too and I love it ^^ Lot of good info. Being an installer myself, it's hard to say exactly who may come to set yours up. We have 4 guys (myself included) in my area and we routinely criss-cross each other, which doesn't make sense to us but it's life LOL One of my guys lives like 10 minutes from me, they'll send him 50 miles up the road, send me to his town, and send another guy from where the first guy was headed to my town. Told ya it makes sense.... XD

lol, that is crazy! The reason I asked, I wanted to add a cable in the wall for my second tv. I have a crawlspace under the house. Plus I would be more that willing to go under the house and feed the cable and put the outlet in and all that stuff. All I really want them to do is just drill the hole and help me feed the cable in it. I can do all the dirty work and cleanup. Is this too much to ask when they get there or should I call first to arrange this?

If you're wanting a new line fished up/down a wall, depends on the installer. Would be between you and him really. If you're going to do most of the work on it, he may agree not to charge you anything extra for it. If he does the bulk of the work, more than likely there may be additional labor charges for a wallfish, as opposed to simply drilling through the floor. Would be something for you and him to discuss when he gets there.

Thankyou, i will ask them when they get here. I will do all the work i just have the drill bits. Is there a place for Installers and Clients to chat at here?

Thankyou, i will ask them when they get here. I will do all the work i just have the drill bits. Is there a place for Installers and Clients to chat at here?

There are installers on this site..There are a few other sites. I think that most of the former installers that may drift through here are doing other things. Your neighbor is working for an HSP(Home Service Provider)........bet he reads the classified ads a lot.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts