Direct TV Latin America in US - Help Dish Size! Circular lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LaPerrys

Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
nj, usa
Hi,

I am subscribed to Direct TV in Colombia - Direct TV Latin America ( Galaxy 3C ). I live in new jersey, US. I brought the lnb and the receiver (box) from Colombia. The LNB is a WNC model: SF4 Dual Outputs LNBF - Circular with input freq 11.45 - 12.20 GHz.

I need to set it up here in NJ. I need to know what dish to buy and what size. I also need to know what bracket.

I know that I have to set it up with the following elevation:
Elevation: 38.0°
Azimuth (true): 210.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 223.6°

I am on the right track? I mean I should be able to get reception? (Am I in the Galaxy 3C - Direct TV Latin America footprint?)

Thank you. I did look and it seems to be that I can get Galaxy 3C. However, I have been reading and people say that the Direct TV Latin America that comes out of the satellite is a spot beam that is only pointed to Central, south America, Caribbean and Miami and lower California.

Can someone please confirm this info. I live in NJ and want to get Direct TV Latin America. Does anybody have a map of the Direct TV Latin America Footprint?

Go to dishpointer dot com and set the pointer to your location in NJ. Then set the bird to 95W or Galaxy 3C. It will give you the coordinates and if in the footprint.

Thank you. I did look and it seems to be that I can get Galaxy 3C. However, I have been reading and people say that the Direct TV Latin America that comes out of the satellite is a spot beam that is only pointed to Central, south America, Caribbean and Miami and lower California.

Can someone please confirm this info. I live in NJ and want to get Direct TV Latin America. Does anybody have a map of the Direct TV Latin America Footprint?

What channels are you searching for?

DirecTV Latin America is received in Florida, I've heard of people receiving up north NJ but the antenna used is 8 ft. off set fed antenna......

And there're some channels you won't receive due to the north South Beam, not spot beam but Zone beam.

What channels are you searching for?

DirecTV Latin America is received in Florida, I've heard of people receiving up north NJ but the antenna used is 8 ft. off set fed antenna......

And there're some channels you won't receive due to the north South Beam, not spot beam but Zone beam.
Thanks Rafael,
Do you think its possible? and if so what size antenna? I'm looking to get the following channels from colombia:
RCN TV
Caracol TV
City TV (Colombia)
Canal 1 (Colombia)
Señal Colombia
Señal Institucional
Teleantioquia
Telepacifico

Thanks Rafael,
Do you think its possible? and if so what size antenna? I'm looking to get the following channels from colombia:
RCN TV
Caracol TV
City TV (Colombia)
Canal 1 (Colombia)
Señal Colombia
Señal Institucional
Teleantioquia
Telepacifico

I understand those specific channels are in the south beam....Locals of Colombia.
Some people are having hard time with some of those channels in Florida area.
If you want to give it a shot nothing smaller than a 8 ft. but it's your choice to make....in fringe you have to run tests (sometimes expensive) to achieve your goal....if any possibility or chance at all.

Some of these chnnels are FTA @ NSS 806 (40.5 W) on C-band
check:

http://www.lyngsat.com/nss806.html

You might have more chance with C-band, but you don't have'em all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)