Direct tv misleading information (CSN Philly)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmclaughlin21

Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
PA
I signed up for Direct Tv with the understanding that I would be able to receive Comcast Csn for the local Phillies games. I was assured that if I could not get them locally I could get them on one of their sports packages. After installation. The technician told me that The information was erroneous and that Csn was not available in this area. I then told them I did not want the service and they suggested I call. I did and was apprised of the fact that their would be a healthy cancellation charge. I may still cancel and pay the charge but if I had been provided with the correct information initially i would have never proceeded with the service. I can appreciate that mistakes are made and I sincerely believe that the representative I spoke to initially thought they were providing the correct information. I have since found out that Csn is available in all the other outlets with the exception of Phila. It seems obvious that that if Direct tv were to carry the csn channel in Phila they would increase subscriptions substantially. Unfortunately, they evidently do not agree and although I have no statistics avaiable to relate to I suspect their penetration of this market is limited compared to others. If this is the case you would think that they would do something about it. The management of this company must have very limited vision and business acumen.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys

You are correct there is no CSN Philly, and probably will not be anytime soon.

How long after the install did you call? If it was the same day or next day or so they should have done something to let you out of it.

If you have only had it a day or so, I would recomend emailing this address: eafilipiak@directv.com

This team is in DirecTVs president office and can make it right.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys and do what jcrandall says they will help you alot :)

Welcome to Satelliteguys! :welcome I second what has been mentioned. Directv should be able to take care of you. :)

I thinks it's been an ongoing issue with the agents not giving correct info about CSN Philly... when I signed up for Directv I was led to believe that Directv was in negotiations with Comcast for CSN Philly and it should be added shortly ....I should have known not to believe it until it was official but I made the mistake of believing the agent ....We like everything about Directv except for not having CSN Philly ...when my contract is up I'll probably have to switch back to cable so I can watch the Phillies and Fyers

I recently sent an email to Directv about CSN Philly and below was the response...

Thank you for writing back. I can certainly appreciate your concerns about having Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia on DIRECTV. The Comcast Corporation owns the distribution rights for the Philadelphia regional sports network, Comcast SportsNet. DIRECTV would like to offer Comcast SportsNet in the Philadelphia area, but Comcast won't allow DIRECTV to broadcast it to our customers. Because we do not have the rights to carry Comcast SportsNet the Phillies, Flyers and other local sports carried on this channel will not be available on DIRECTV.

I see that you've mentioned the terrestrial loophole. The recent FCC ruling may allow us to carry additional channels, but we are required to follow specific FCC guidelines before we can make any changes to our programming. We are working with the FCC on this process and we hope to have more information in the near future. Questions or comments about this channel can be directed to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office or to the FCC at:

Federal Communications Commission
445 12th St. S.W.
Washington, DC 20054
(888) 225-5322 or (888) CALL FCC
Web site:www.fcc.gov

I thought the terrestrial loophole was already taken care of a few years ago. I thought the reason was that Comcast wanted to charge Directv $5 per sub per month and Directv told them to screw off?

or that they want TCN at a high cost as part of CSN Philly. Dish does not have csn or TCN Philly. RCN does not have TCN.

Maybe this will help. So I have Directv, but I also have Verizon Fios internet and phone. They have the Comcast channels, so I looked into triple play. I added the Prime hd package. With the sign up discount, I pay less with the tv portion than I did without. At least for 2 years. So anyway I call and ask for the minimum package that has the csn channels. The lady from Verizon says,"sir, this is Verizon, you would have to call Comcast for that channel". So I don't think they do it on purpose. I just think they are idiots. They offer other Comcast channels. Directv may be guilty of not making it clear to the people that work the phones. It is the oddest thing that some Comcast channels are on the system, but not all. I love the Directv service. Hoping that when the Phillies contract with CSN ends next year, someone steps up and outbids them or Phillies start their own network. Cmon Directv, start a sports network, and outbid Comcast. Put them out of the monopoly business

It probably wouldn't go up a dime. Directv would supply Comcast with fair pricing for the idiots that stay with them. Does anyone know why they won't allow the channels on Directv or Dish? The reason why is, Comcrap would be killed and they know it. At least the way they used to operate. They seem to be finally offering decent customer service. Now, if Comcast were as good as Fios, Dish and Directv, they would be making more money through Directv and Dish, for the CSN channel, but they won't make more, because Directv and Dish would gain so many of their customers. Fear is deep in that Cable Company. Monopolies were the only way Comcast got where they were to begin with. This is one last monopoly they have over the heads of people in the Philly market. Hail to Directv for not caving. I pray the Phillies move on from that network, and that will begin the demise of Philly Comcast. You would think the Phillies would be pissed that they can't be seen by all fans in the Philly market.

It probably wouldn't go up a dime. Directv would supply Comcast with fair pricing for the idiots that stay with them. Does anyone know why they won't allow the channels on Directv or Dish? The reason why is, Comcrap would be killed and they know it. At least the way they used to operate. They seem to be finally offering decent customer service. Now, if Comcast were as good as Fios, Dish and Directv, they would be making more money through Directv and Dish, for the CSN channel, but they won't make more, because Directv and Dish would gain so many of their customers. Fear is deep in that Cable Company. Monopolies were the only way Comcast got where they were to begin with. This is one last monopoly they have over the heads of people in the Philly market. Hail to Directv for not caving. I pray the Phillies move on from that network, and that will begin the demise of Philly Comcast. You would think the Phillies would be pissed that they can't be seen by all fans in the Philly market.

Actually, iirc, the Comcast beef was due to them wanting in on the NFL ST back in the day and the NFL decided to make it an exclusive package and Comcast didnt bid enough.

Therefore, Comcast has kept the Philly Sports from the rest of the world, apparently.

I do think D* was offered them from Comcast at a fee WAY higher than the rest of the companies.

Perhaps a local retailer can "move" him? I know when i was doing installs in ny within an hour or less of stroudsburb pa, alot of custs wanted philly locals because thats what cable offered. I think the area got ny locals, its been 6+yrs since ive been that way. I know my office was able to do "moves" for customers that threatened to cancel.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)