Direct Tv On Demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Bug

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Florida
Hi all, new today. Have a DVR R-16 and an old round dish. Really want to upgrade to an R-22 to be able to get "on demand". Was told by DTV that they can only randomly issue a new DVR. Fine. Went to Best Buy to find one. No longer stocking. No longer on website. Noone knows anything other than I would have to upgrade to the HD DVR. Well, don't think I want that or need to spend more than I already am on DTV service.

DO any of you know where I could purchase one? Are they going to replace the current out-of-stock R-22 with a new one? Are they only going to offer the HD-DVR? Enquiring minds wanna know.

DirecTV can't promise you what model receiver you'll get so I wouldn't count on you getting on that way. I did a Google search for DirecTV R22 and came back with a few online merchants that have them so you could try that route.

I have never seen a R22 at Costco (lots of HR22s, however). The R22 was intended for SD customers who are in areas with MPEG4 locals. They must have found a workaround and are now giving those customers HR models and disabling the HD channels (they have even enabled HD on R22s for those with another HD receiver on their account). At some point in the future they will probably no longer supply any SD-only (or MPEG2-only) equipment.

If you find a R22 and it goes bad, they may replace it with a R15 or R16.

I have never seen a R22 at Costco (lots of HR22s, however). The R22 was intended for SD customers who are in areas with MPEG4 locals. They must have found a workaround and are now giving those customers HR models and disabling the HD channels (they have even enabled HD on R22s for those with another HD receiver on their account). At some point in the future they will probably no longer supply any SD-only (or MPEG2-only) equipment.

If you find a R22 and it goes bad, they may replace it with a R15 or R16.

Your correct Bob,
After thinking about it, I think I mentioned the wrong one at Costco's, they have ONLY HD units that I am aware of. (HR22)

I wouldn't trust buying any R15,16,22,Hr21,22,23 or H 21,23 Off Ebay, 95% of the time these receivers are the Property of D*.
After March of 2006, all D* receivers were leased. Unless a Customer Bought them Full price from D*, and if thats the case , they wouldn't be selling HR-22's and 23's for $200.
H-20, R15's and HR-20's have a better chance of being owned, because thats right around when D* started the leasing equipment rules.

seriously?

Looks like they are for sale and not lease

Lots of time you will find people selling thier "Leased" unit, once you buy it you go to activate it and find that it has a BALANCE on it, if your gonna buy off EBAY or anywhere that is not NEW with proof, Call D* and give them the RECVR # and verify it's status first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts