Direct tv question regarding local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Lego

Original poster
Jun 18, 2016
Walled lake MI.
I currently live in downstate michigan. I also have a cabin in up north michigan so for the past few years ive been taking my box when i go upnorth to the cabin and its worked fine but lately ive been having issues upnorth recieving my local chennels which are actually my Locals form downstate. Ive making adjustments to my dish but still locals wont work now. Alll the other channels are fine. Did Directv make ant changes to their satellites which would cause me not to recieve my locals up north or do i just need to find somebody to help readjust my dish ? Keep in mind they worked fine for couple years of going up on weekends. Thanks Glen

:welcome to Satelliteguys Greg Lego!

The local channels are on spot beams that have a limited area. You are likely on the fringe where you are upstate. Are you trying to get hd or sd locals? If you supply zip codes for both areas I can check a coverage map.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Greg Lego!

The local channels are on spot beams that have a limited area. You are likely on the fringe where you are upstate. Are you trying to get hd or sd locals? If you supply zip codes for both areas I can check a coverage map.

I can not get them in either hd or standard...Also i cant get my fox sports detroit in hd but i can get that one in standard...my down state zip is 48390 and my up north is 49733...Thanks

Looking at the coverage maps, you should be able to receive the local hd channels in 49733. What are your signal strengths on satellite 103s transponders 15 and 23? That's where your locals are. If the numbers aren't in the low 70s at least, you will have issues at times getting a strong enough signal. You may need to realign the dish.

Looking at the coverage maps, you should be able to receive the local hd channels in 49733. What are your signal strengths on satellite 103s transponders 15 and 23? That's where your locals are. If the numbers aren't in the low 70s at least, you will have issues at times getting a strong enough signal. You may need to realign the dish.

At this time i an not at my cabin but next time i go i will check the numbers... I do know i had a few zeros in there last time i checked

You should have many zeros for 103s since all but one of the transponders is pointed in your specific area. Some may be strong enough to give some reading, but the only important ones are 15 and 23. 101, 103ca, 103cb, 99ca, and 99cb should have mostly 90s for readings. Those are the national beams.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)