• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeff zimmerman

Original poster
Jun 23, 2016
lake
I had a hr24 at my lake house and decided i didn't need a dvr there and I took another receiver from house and swapped out...THE HD receiver at lake house is working fine, but I can't get the DVR to work here at my house. I keep getting the 775 code. I checked SWM inverter, but it keeps saying can't find swm or swm isn't recognized. I changed zip code back...was hoping this would be easy:( Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Slimline 5 dish??

:welcome to Satelliteguys jeff zimmerman!

A 775 code means the dvr isn't communicating with the dish, probably because the power inserter isn't connected properly. Are both houses using a swm setup? Is the green light on the power inserter? Check all of your connections and cabling to be sure everything is okay. Reboot the dvr.

Sounds like you have a SWM Power Inserter at one location and not the other.
The recvr you took up there (non DVR) sounds like it was on a SWM set up at home.

Now if your at the lake, hook the recvr up and get to the Settings screen, go to the Repeat Sat Set Up, when you get in there, change it to the Slimline option, instead of the SWM option also change the type to Multiswitch. and continue and see if that fixes your trouble.

A recvr that is set up on a SWM set up gets the power to the LNB from the PI. If that PI is not there, you won't get a signal ... The older set ups got the power to run the LNB from the recvr itself.

Also, if your want HD at the lake with out the SWM, you'll want to add the BBC to the back of the recvr input.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)